Damaged: The Heartbreaking True Story of a Forgotten Child

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Then there are all the satisfying steps along the way – seeing the child do better at school, receiving your first hug from them, or seeing their face on Christmas morning when they haven’t experienced Christmas before,’ she says. Euphoria star Jacob Elordi credits Eminem for helping him nail his American accent: 'I love that man so much' Coronation Street's Tina O'Brien, 40, shows off her youthful beauty as she shares a host of glamorous snaps

Cathy Glass - Just a reminder that there are updates on my Cathy Glass - Just a reminder that there are updates on my

Victoria Coren Mitchell, 51, reveals she's given birth to her second child after surprise pregnancy with husband David, 49Eminem's daughter Hailie Jade, 27, gets emotional talking to her sibling Stevie, 21, about their childhood and new relationship Following the success of Damaged, you might imagine that a brand new author would have a bit of a cooling off period. This was not to be the case with Cathy Glass. Her next book, “Hidden” was published in 2008, and it was a success in its own right. This book had another memorable character at the center of it, only this child was a far cry different from the explosive Jodie character that Glass had written about in her first book. In the book Hidden, Tayo is the child that is described as being a polite, calm and mild-mannered child that was well spoken. But while he displayed excellent manners and was very well behaved, Tao was hiding a terrible past that no child should have had to live through. This first best-selling book by Cathy Glass is one that will leave you with conflicting emotions. I found myself angry and sad at the same time. Damaged is a book about an 8-year-old girl named Jodie. It is hard to believe that someone so young could already be so violent and aggressive, but Jodie is, and it’s left her with no other foster families to turn to. Cathy Glass is her last hope.

Damaged by Cathy Glass | Goodreads

Kim Kardashian FaceTimes brother Rob's ex Adrienne Bailon as North and Penelope channel girl group for Halloween Denise Richards reveals she is trying to talk daughter Sami Sheen, 19, out of getting breast implants because she regrets her own: 'They're toxic' Noddy Holder's wife Suzan discusses her husband's 'horrifying' oesophageal cancer diagnosis five years after he was 'given six months to live' Doubtless, Cathy and her family value the breathing space too. There seems to be no limit to the problems the children arrive with.Although Jodie is only eight years old, she is violent, aggressive, and her challenging behaviour has sent her off to five carers in four months. Her last hope is Cathy Glass, an experienced foster carer that decides to take her on and protect her from being placed in an institution. This is truly an amazing book. It gives a real look at what happens behind the story of the abused child. You read about these cases in the newspapers but never really know how it got that bad. Now I know and understand a lot more. It should never happen again." Ashanti wows in a racy bodysuit as she coordinates costumes with beau Nelly at his Halloween 'G.I. Moe' birthday celebration

The Night the Angels Came: The heartbreaking true story of a

Even now, 50 foster children and 23 years later, Cathy admits that she still wells up when she sees the suitcases of a child who has been staying with her waiting in her hall. Leomie Anderson flaunts her jaw-dropping figure in a skimpy metallic co-ord as she joins chic Vogue Williams at swanky H&M bashCathy Glass je pseudonym, pod kterým vystupuje profesionální pěstounka, u které se za dvacet let "rodičování" vystřídalo asi padesát různých dětí. Rozbitá je přitom příběh vyprávěný z jejího pohledu v momentě, kdy se má do její rodiny nastěhovat osmiletá holčička Jodie. Jodie je problémové dítě, za poslední čtyři měsíce vystřídala pět rodin. Je nezvladatelná, agresivní, hrubá, vulgární, bez emocí, bez nadšení. Nikdo však netuší, proč tomu tak je. Nebýt Cathy, nikdo by se zřejmě nikdy nedozvěděl, že byla Jodie od útlého dětství pohlavně zneužíváná. Nikdo netušil, v jakém měřítku. Úřady v jejím případě totálně po celou dobu selhávaly a sociální pracovníci si Jodie přehazovali jako horký brambor. Tahle kniha vás donutí přemýšlet nad tím, jaká zvěrstva se možná dějí dětem hned vedle za zdí u sousedů. Zastrašit děti, aby mlčely, je snadné. My dospělí máme své techniky a víme, čeho se děti bojí. Hnus je, když se zastrašování stane pro dítě noční můrou a to je pak - dost pravděpodobně - do konce života odsouzeno pouze trpět a nikdy se nedat jako člověk do pořádku. Kim Kardashian's daughter North West, 10, transforms intoTiana from Disney's The Princess and the Frog in her FOURTH Halloween costume Harry Styles and his girlfriend Taylor Russell take their romance to the next level as they 'enjoy secret romantic holiday at lavish Mustique resort' Time viewers call the BBC drama 'one of the hardest watches in recent times' as fans break down in tears at the ending after binge watching second series If you're like me and need it: trigger warning for self harm, child abuse, sexual abuse, rape and aggressive behaviour.

Courteney Cox looks downcast while leaving dinner in LA as she is seen for the first time after Friends co-star Matthew Perry's death at 54 As regards Damaged, as I read I found the good angel of belief and the bad angel of unbelief grappling with each other in the space just behind my left ear. Alas for Cathy Glass, she writes very dully and competently except when it comes to dialogue, when we get stuff that sounds straight out of The Exorcist : Coleen Rooney looks proud as she shows off the cover off her new tell-all autobiography My Account about bitter Wagatha Christie battle Newly-married Joss Stone is emotional as she takes a bow at the premiere of her new musical The Time Traveller's Wife - after show left critics divided This is the 'first' (as in the first written, not chronologically) book by foster carer Cathy Glass, and of the three I have read so far this is by far the most harrowing.Book Genre: Abuse, Autobiography, Biography, Biography Memoir, Crime, Family Law, Fostering, Health, Memoir, Mental Health, Nonfiction, Psychology, Sociology, True Crime, True Story

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop