Joie Mimzy Snacker Highchair - Twinkle Linen

Joie Mimzy Snacker Highchair - Twinkle Linen

RRP: £119.99
Price: £59.995
£59.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Emma: If I am splitting hairs, the only thing I would change would perhaps make it slightly easier to clean. There are a few 'hard to reach' places within the padded seat that if food gets into it takes a while to clean properly. The only thing that I prefer about the original highchair I bought for baby was the fact the tray had a plastic cover over the top of it which was detachable and you could put straight in the dishwasher - it would be amazing if this had that too. But overall I really do prefer this highchair - I have actually given the old one to my mum and kept this one as I find it so much easier for baby! Another Stokke chair to feature on our list, the Steps is a stylish highchair that can be used from birth. There's no doubt about it, it's a pricey piece of baby equipment but for the price tag you get a good quality high chair that your child will get plenty of use out of. I think the only things I would change about this highchair is adding a removable tray insert to section off food and take off to clean. And maybe add in a way of adjusting the height so the baby can eat dinner with parents who feel like eating on the sofa or on a posh night at the dining table! Tested by mum Steph Alonwy for the M&B Awards 2017:

Inspired by Scandinavian design, this Juice Highchair from Mamas & Papas comes in pastel green, cream or dark grey. The sturdy seat is wipe clean as well as comfortable, thanks to a cushioned inner. For older babies and toddlers, a familiar chair often signals ‘mealtimes’ to them, allowing them to eat free from distraction and out of harm’s way. How long will I need a highchair for? It seems like only yesterday you were shopping around for the best breast pump or baby bottles for feeding your little one, now they're ready to graduate to sitting at the table and eating solid foods. But there's more to weaning than just making sure there's an Ella's pouch in your changing bag at all times, and thankfully Mumsnetters are on hand to help you navigate this messy time. Type: Freestanding highchair which converts into a toddler chair | Materials: Not stated | Suitable from: 6 months+ | Harness: Yes | Wheels?: No What we love The life-span of your chair will depend on the type of model you choose, as some are intended to be used throughout childhood and beyond (see section below). You’re likely to find a chair with a tray essential from first weaning up to the age of three.

We spend hours researching, speaking to parents, analysing data and listening to experts before we test out the products on our shortlist.

The robustness of the safety harness (is it three-point or five? Does it seem secure when attached?)These ensure that your child always has somewhere safe and age-appropriate to eat when they’re not at home – whether that’s at a grandparent’s house, a friend’s, or away on holiday – although many are designed so well that people use them at home too.

The high chair comes with a large net basket, perfect for storing bibs, cups and plates and saving me have to run around the flat looking for a clean bib. While it may just seem like just a place to pop your child while they eat, there's more to what makes the best highchair than just how it looks. Parents want one that is easy to clean after messy mealtimes - because food will get into every little nook and cranny! - as well as straps that are safe and a good size tray. But there are a host of other extra features that you can look out for too. The wipeable seat cover is a cinch to keep clean (I use a mixture of a handheld vacuum, a damp cloth and a bit of kitchen spray) however, not much baby led weaning mess is made anyway due to the size of the tray (see above.) We asked Charlotte Stirling-Reed what features bewildered first-time parents might watch out for, here are her top tips: I absolutely love this high chair and so did Dex. He was so much more comfortable in this highchair compared to his first one and was happy spending a significant amount of time in it playing as well as eating. I love how compact it is when folded and the designs are just so pretty. What’s more the price is just phenomenal. We kept this highchair for our second son and found it didn’t hold him up quite right when he first turned six months, but as he grew bigger, it became our favourite highchair to use again, after a couple of months of using the Ikea Antilop.

4. Best multifunctional highchair: Stokke Steps

It can be used with the newborn set from birth, the baby set from six months (sitting unaided) and after three years or 15kg until adulthood and beyond, so it's great if you need a piece of furniture that will last and can be used by every member of the family. We also like that the tray is dishwasher-safe for particularly messy mealtimes! It's expensive but with a thriving second-hand market you should get a high resale value when you're finished with it. It’s a good idea to read up on their specs before choosing one to make sure you’ll be able to use it safely. It’s helpful when travel chairs collapse to a portable size and many come with their own carry cases or shoulder straps to help with this. Highchairs are a safe and supportive place for your baby to eat before they’re old and tall enough to sit on an adult-sized dining chair. Most come with a plastic tray so your baby can see and reach their food easily – especially useful when first weaning. Type: Plastic booster seat with tray that attaches to adult chair with straps | Materials: BPA-free plastics; canvas straps | Suitable from: 6 months+ | Harness: Yes | Wheels?: No What we love Babies often learn what and how to eat by watching their parents and siblings eat too”, she says. “It’s more likely that they will happily accept foods that they see you gobbling up yourself.”

Multifunctional options might also include newborn accessories so you can use the chair before six months, or have a removable tray so the chair converts from a standalone chair to a table-side one. They usually fold away and often stand when folded for easier storage, and come with luxuriously padded cushions, which are comfortable for your baby to sit on but are crumb magnets for any dropped food. Convenient storage - A large, adjustable tray with a cupholder offers baby plenty of space at mealtimes. Keep the essentials close by with the storage tray and large basket. Highchairs have come a long way in the last couple of decades as companies have begun to apply intelligent design to baby equipment. There are several broad types on the market, so consider which functions are important to you before making your choice. 1. Budget highchairsA multifunctional chair might be a good choice if you want to adjust the chair to fit your baby or sit at your table, if you prefer a more comfortable cushion or if you know you’ll want to fold it away when you’re not using it. 3. Transitional highchairs Can be reclined, used with a small tray for a just-weaned child, a larger tray for a child feeding themselves, or without the tray for a toddler sitting at the table

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop