Just Another Missing Person: The gripping new thriller from the Sunday Times bestselling author

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Just Another Missing Person: The gripping new thriller from the Sunday Times bestselling author

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Dually, within the story, banking so hard to the left that I drove off a cliff, the character identities piled up into a mess. And again, I love identities within identities. So, for me to complain about characters having a multitude of identities and motives (known and unknown)? There is a serious problem. I was with the story for the first half, and then I just… lost. Completely lost. I even tried relistening to chapters, but nope. I couldn’t tell why the reveals mattered or connected (most of them, anyway). Part of me thinks there was just too much story in this story. Gillian McAllister just tried too hard. A gasp-inducing twist we wager you won't see coming, a whip-smart, fast-paced plot, this crime thriller will leave you breathless Sunday Post year-old Olivia is missing. One day and counting. Last seen on CCTV. Julia, the detective is heading the investigation. She thinks she knows how this will go – but… A stunning, clever and ingeniously plotted thriller with jaw-dropping gasp out loud twists The Sunday Express A thriller with depth! These are fully developed characters with the exception of our villain, and although all of the story lines didn’t come together in the end, I enjoyed this too much to care!

Just Another Missing Person - Goodreads JaymeO’s review of Just Another Missing Person - Goodreads

Each character in this thriller must grapple with the decision to “do the right thing.” They are fully developed and flawed in unique ways. However, they are all intriguing and I was invested in their individual quests to find out the truth. There are two major twists in this plot, one at around 50%, and the other near the end. Both are satisfying, but not over the top. I was very surprised to learn that McAllister is about to become a mother for the first time, because the plots in her books always involve protective mother characters, who will do anything for their children. This clever and endlessly surprising thriller is laced with a smart look at family and motherhood and cements Gillian McAllister as a major talent in the world of suspense and a master of creating ethical dilemmas that show just how murky the distinction between right and wrong can be. Just Another Missing Person By Gillian Mcallister- Review Disclaimer Short synopsis: Julia, a local detective, is leading a new case involving a missing woman. However, when the lines between her personal and work life begin to crosss, what will she do to protect her family?Julia must NOT find out what happened to Olivia -instead she must frame somebody else for Olivia’s murder. A big thank you to Ariele Fredman, NetGalley, and William Morrow for sharing this AMAZING book's digital reviewer copy with me in exchange for my honest thoughts. It's perfection, every word, every moment. A masterpiece . . . I had my mind blown apart. After I finished it I sat with my mouth hanging open in awe. One of the best books I've ever read Lisa Jewell

JUST ANOTHER MISSING PERSON | Kirkus Reviews

One element that stood out, apart from her obvious gift of writing the twistiest twists, is the way McAllister writes her characters. So often, what makes a good thriller is feeling as though the reader can see themselves in the shoes of those characters involved, McAllister executes this with perfection. I can very easily see myself in any one of the characters at the heart of the story. This helped me to feel connected on an emotional level throughout. And made those twists hit extra hard (which is always a plus). Because the criminal at the heart of the disappearance has something she never expected. His weapon isn’t a gun, or a knife: it’s a secret. Her worst one. And her family’s safety depends on one thing: Julia must NOT find out what happened to Olivia—and must frame somebody else for her murder.All in all, I would recommend this to fans of Sharon Bolton, Jo Spain, Louisa Scarr, etc. If the overuse of commas will drive you crazy, might I recommend the audio? If you like the kind of thrillers you find on Kindle Unlimited (no shade, but you know what I mean) then maybe you will find this too slow and boring. And if you do, don't say I didn't warn ya! Because her family's safety depends on one thing: Julia must NOT find out what happened to Olivia - and must frame somebody else for her murder . . .

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop