The World’s Worst Monsters: A new fiercely funny fantastical illustrated book of stories for kids, the latest from the bestselling author of Robodog

£9.9
FREE Shipping

The World’s Worst Monsters: A new fiercely funny fantastical illustrated book of stories for kids, the latest from the bestselling author of Robodog

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Receive an exclusive digital excerpt of 'Bat Baby' and 'The Legend of The Wolfwere' before The World's Worst Monsters is released on 6 July!

The World’s Worst Pets was the bestselling children’s book of 2022 (UK TCM Chart, 27 December 2022). Laugh along to these ten terrifying tales of marvellous monsters, brought to you by David Walliams and illustrated in glorious technicolour by Adam Stower. Adam Stower studied Illustration at the Norwich School of Art where he obtained a first class BA (Hons) degree and then he went on to do a Masters degree in Narrative Illustration at Brighton University. Illustrator Stower has worked with Walliams before, and his vibrant portfolio of children’s books includes the previous titles in the World’s Worst series. If you don’t like ghosts, ogres, zombies, vampires, aliens, werewolves or mummies, DO NOT READ THIS BOOK.It would have been interesting to see more stories with suspenseful scenes or unhappy endings, considering the horror theme. Each of the book’s ten short stories is a (gently) spooky and fast-paced standalone tale, which breaks the book into manageable chunks that kids can dip in and out of. The World’s Worst Monsters promises to showcase 10 “terrifying tales” that will be illustrated by Adam Stower and will publish on 6th July 2023 in hardback, with simultaneous e-book and audio editions. Inspired by Hammer Horror, gothic literature and B-movies, each of these 10 stories – lavishly illustrated by the preternaturally versatile Adam Stower – is full of surprises, full of laughs, full of frights, and ultimately full of heart, in the way that only Walliams can.

Every single page is brought to life with memorable characters and immersive scenes that will keep even the most wandering attention riveted. Nick Lake, fiction publisher, added: “ The World’s Worst Monsters is an electrifying new instalment in the bestselling World’s Worst series.

Laugh along to these ten terrifying tales of marvellous monsters, brought to you by David Walliams, and illustrated in glorious technicolour by Adam Stower. I liked the idea 💡of werewolf family to worry this story might incourage young children to get a pen pal from they schools by reading 📚the chapter about werewolves. These were seen as easy reads by my secondary school students (when purchasing for my school library). The illustrations perfectly capture the stories being told and made me want to spend extra time on each page just admiring them even.

Below you can read an exclusive digital chapter sampler, featuring 'The Legend of the Wolfwere' story, from David Walliams' brand-new book 'The World's Worst Monsters! My boys and I actually came up with suggestions for the author in the car this holiday, as alternatives to More Worlds' Worst Children (suggestions available on request, Mr W).If you don’t like ghosts, ogres, zombies, vampires, aliens, werewolves, or mummies, DO NOT READ THIS BOOK. His novels have sold over eighteen million copies worldwide and have been translated into over fifty-three languages. Walliams’ text jumps off the page with his signature humour and irreverence, while the high-spirited illustrations offer a liferaft to kids who might struggle with the text alone.

After this fantastic installment to ‘The World’s Worst’ series, I can’t wait to see what David Walliams comes up with next.Wallaims successfully revamps gothic literature icons and urban legends as inspiration for stories for a younger audience. However, David Wallaims collection of ten tantalising stories breaks the tradition and introduces young readers to popular monsters with lighthearted backstories. Thanks for taking the time to enter this competition, we hope you are enjoying reading The Blunders! Prior to becoming one of the world’s favourite children’s authors, Walliams had already made himself a household name as a comedian – which probably explains why his books are so universally loved. You’ll need to reserve your tickets online to secure a special goody bag and your place in the queue!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop