Vanishing Acts: When is it right to steal a child from her mother? Jodi Picoult's explosive and emotive Sunday Times bestseller.

£4.495
FREE Shipping

Vanishing Acts: When is it right to steal a child from her mother? Jodi Picoult's explosive and emotive Sunday Times bestseller.

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Don’t you feel deceived by her for pulling the wool over your eyes? You could argue she conned you more than anyone else?

Severe emotional dependency (which the author seems to view less as problematic than rather as desirable) Picoult makes us ponder the ambiguous relationships between love and lying, legality and morality; the strange ways repressed memories leak into the present.”

Anthony Koletti says: "Yes. I definitely feel living through it is very hard every day and with the pointless court case - it was very time-consuming. And, you know, I miss her every day. With time comes clarity though. I've got to move forward with my life at some point and I’m trying to get to the stage where I can do that." Vanishing Acts is yet another well told tale by Jodi Picoult, who is a master at character development. Once again telling the story through first person accounts of the main characters, she weaves together a family drama centered on a "kidnapping" that had occurred 28 years earlier. In what ways does Elise's alcoholism significantly impact both Delia and Eric, and the choices that they ultimately make? Throughout the book, I went on and off her (like most of the characters). First I was CRAZY annoyed at all the dudes who treat her like some fragile thing who can't handle anything and therefore has to be lied to and has NO right to her own truth and her own story. Which is bullshit. But then whenever she is told things, she reacts in ways that makes me think I'd probably end up lying too. We both turn at the sound of a woman’s voice. Holly Gardiner’s mother is staring at me, her expression so full of words that for a moment, she can’t choose the right one. “Thank you,” she says finally. “Thank you so much.”

Now all of a sudden the police are at the door, completely unexpectedly, and arrest Delia's father. Delia, but also Eric and Fitz now have to come to terms with the father's past, but also with their own story, and try to find a solution to the situation. I sit very still with my arms crossed over my chest. I do this to keep from flying apart. The doorbell rings, and I hear Sophie turning the knob. I have the only photo of my mother that is on display in this house. She is on the cusp of smiling, and you cannot look at it without wondering who made her happy just then, and how. Genauso oberflächlich ist die emotionale Gestaltung der Figuren, insbesondere die von Delia, ausgefallen

Also I am getting increasingly annoyed by the amount of fictional characters who seem to think that nobody should ever lie and if you catch someone in a lie that means you can never trust anything again! *DRAMA* - EVERYBODY lies. Parents lie all the time. Kids lie. Teachers lie. Friends lie. Partners lie. Get over it.] Delia believes “it takes two people to make a lie work: the person who tells it, and the one who believes it.” How do the characters in the novel, including Delia herself, prove this to be true? She looks up at me. “When you’re with them,” she asks, a slice through the heart, “do you ever think about me?” By the time we climbed down at 4:30 A.M., I had had my first kiss, and it wasn’t the three of us anymore.

I make a mental note to tell my father to keep a closer eye on Evelyn Gadzinski. But even as I’m thinking this, I’m wondering if she might be right. I’m thinking about that lemon tree. I lower my voice. “Did you ever see something from… before?”This book is about a young woman in her late twenties who grew up with her devoted, single father. She has been very close friends with her two peers, Eric and Fitz, since she was a child. She has a four-year-old daughter with Eric and is engaged to him. He steers me out of the cafeteria and into his office. “Did she get to the part where her cat was abducted by aliens?”

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop