DBX 286S Mic Preamp/Compressor

DBX 286S Mic Preamp/Compressor

RRP: £180.00
Price: £90
£90 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Mic Preamp Phantom Power: +48VDC, applied to XLR pins 2 and 3 through 6.81kΩ resistors CMRR >40dB, typically 55dB

Generally speaking, microphone processors like the DBX 286S enhance your voice and give you a bit more punch on air. How Do I Get Setup? I've done a fair amount of VO, but not generally self-recording. I've never really felt the need to have it processed on the way in (if I'm doing VO, I'll generally record flat anyway). I have a number of preset plugin chains I can then drop it into, dependent on the end result required (commercial, documentary or whatever). The 286s is a full-featured Channel Strip Processor that delivers a studio quality microphone/instrument preamplifier and four processors that can be used independently or in any combination. If you're recording a vocalist with a wispy voice using a cheap microphone that doesn't handle sibilance well, you'll love the De-Esser. Don't overdo it, or your vocalist will sound like they have a lisp.On the front, you'll want to move from left to right as you set this up, so let's start with the mic preamp section. Make sure the equipment isn't going into the red section on the metre - Keep your eyes on those metres at all times.

We'll show you exactly what each bit of the DBX 286S, what it does, and how to set it up. Mic Preamp Gain

Customer Added Media

However, when using the mono cable, you’re not supposed to plug it all the way in. Otherwise, you’ll just stop the signal from going to the main output. It’s a bit of a hassle, but you can still use this output for this purpose as well. Well, if it works it works - as I said, I don't really see how but I can certainly see it might not cost you any in that circumstance! In fact, it may very well be the best. That’s what we aim to find out in this review. We want to know if you can do any better at this price range. Let’s find out. the gate is the only thing I have no complaints about. If the unit didn't have such bad / unmusical distortion then it would useful.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop