The Empire: 'Wonderful. A lifelong love letter to the theatre' Reverend Richard Coles

£9.9
FREE Shipping

The Empire: 'Wonderful. A lifelong love letter to the theatre' Reverend Richard Coles

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Having enjoyed Michael Ball’s singing and presenting skills for many years, I was excited to hear he had written his first novel and I was eager to read it.

The Empire | Michael Ball | 9781804180563 | NetGalley The Empire | Michael Ball | 9781804180563 | NetGalley

Michael Ball must be the most delightful, sincere, kind, good natured person in the public eye and his personality shines through in his debut novel The Empire. Grace is extremely busy, working alongside a select 'cast' trying to keep open the theatre that they love. You can really tell that the author is involved in the theatre as there is so much detail about the workings of the eponymous theatre and there is the sense of reverence that can only come from someone who knows how lucky they are to work in such an environment. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behaviour or unique IDs on this site.

I know I used a lot of adjectives here but this wonderful piece of work deserves all the praises in the whole wide world. This was an enjoyable read and as I read, I could hear the author’s recognisable voice coming out through the pages.

The Empire – Michael Ball Fan Club

With nothing better to do, Jack tries for a job as a doorman at the theatre, knowing little about the theatre, and nothing about the power struggles going on in local business behind the scenes. The author has trod the boards of theatres around the world and so it makes sense that his first book would be set in a theatre. A fascinating story of life in a theatre and the trials and tribulations of the people involved in the successful production of a smash hit. From the aftermath of the Great War and the Roaring Twenties to the dark days of the Second World War and the Blitz, Michael Ball's debut fiction series charts the story of the high notes and the low notes of British musical theatre.I so hope that the characters will rise like a Phoenix, along with The Empire theatre, from the ashes. Olivier Award winning West End star Michael Ball is set to tour the UK next year, including dates at the Eventim Apollo in London, Manchester’s O2 Apollo and Cardiff’s St David’s Hall.

The Empire by Michael Ball - Fantastic Fiction

The millions of fans worldwide who treasure his trademark warmth and positivity will relish the chance to read a novel set in the world of musical theatre he owns. As a massive fan, I was rather worried that I wouldn’t like the book, or that it was poorly written but I absolutely loved it. If you are an avid reader you will quickly work out what is what and the ’twist’ can be worked out in advance, though none the less satisfying for that. Not just front stage but back stage as well, the whole workings , the graft that goes into putting on a successful show.

Wasn't quite sure what to expect from this book as often books written by celebrities often lack that certain something.

The Empire By Michael Ball |The Works

A little confused at the begining of this book as there were so many characters all on their own mission! Jack Treadwell only went to the theatre to see about a doorman’s job his late mum had told him to go and see Lillian Lassiter when he got home from the war. I have been a Michael Ball fan for over thirty years, seen him in many shows and concerts, so when I saw he had written a book I had to read it.While this is a story about grief and getting on with your life it is also about accepting mistakes of your past. Lady Lassiter who owns The Empire has recently lost her husband Barnabus and is about to take a trip to New York and leave the theatre in the hands of Mr Mangrave. Lord Lassiter bought it for his second wife, Lady Lillian and she supervised every detail of the restoration. The Lassiters own The Empire, Lady Lillian Lassiter has the majority share, she has just become a widow and has decided to go off to New York.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop