Never Go Back: (Jack Reacher 18)

Never Go Back: (Jack Reacher 18)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Morgan and Shrago reveal that Zadran had been supplying their bosses with opium, and Turner's name is cleared, allowing her to resume command. He went to law school in Sheffield, England, and after part-time work in the theater he joined Granada Television in Manchester for what turned out to be an eighteen-year career as a presentation director during British TV's "golden age. In part, due to my friends' reviews, and in part because I let my subconscious sift through the rubble that was my initial thinking. I hate to say it … but after 18 books, Reacher is starting to suffer from the Spenser Syndrome: a great character that is becoming redundant.

why he discards human relationships, and in a way forced him to abandon that and bring us into more novels where he might struggle with his former life while living a new existence. It pains me to say this, as these books have been the highlight of my reading calender for a long time. There were a few times when I seriously considered not finishing the book, but this is Lee Child and Reacher, surely it can only get better?Reacher finally makes it to DC to meet the woman he talked with several books ago ("61 Hours") while he was being abused way out west. Jack Reacher is back and don’t worry folks he’s back with his usual swagger, confidence and his remarkable ability to get things done, completely on his own terms and in his own time of course. There’s also a major question mark over something from his past and I think Lee Child missed a trick by not exploring this further because it could have spun a whole new series. NOTE: I reread the four-book sequence that I admire so much and am convinced again that "The Enemy" and "Without Fail" are the two best thrillers I've ever read, both as thrillers and as wonderfully crafted novels.

Reacher is there to meet--in person--the new commanding officer, Major Susan Turner, so far just a warm, intriguing voice on the phone. As soon as he does two musclemen, clearly military men out of uniform, arrive at the motel and tell Reacher to get out of town, promising that no one will come looking for him if he does, and that they will beat the crap out of him if he refuses to do so. He has had occasion to talk to the new commander of his old outfit (the 110th Military Police) and he liked her voice. The left-hand guy was wobbling around like a man on a ship, and the right-hand guy was stumbling backward.There is a flaw I'll mention: what ends up being the true motive behind everything is one that would have occurred to Reacher and the good guys but isn't mentioned until the last few pages. The biggest problem with it is that you can see the opposition’s point, how they can think what they do. I really enjoyed the verbal tennis and the scene proof, if ever it was needed, that Lee Child doesn’t have to rely on Reacher creating havoc wherever he goes just to be entertaining. Active duty soldiers in a logistics battalion in Fort Bragg: Paul Lozano ends up with finger issues, Ronald David Baldacci has elbow problems, Jason Rickard’s problems are more permanent, and Staff Sergeant Ezra Shrago has hexadecimal ears.

Inevitably they escape and begin a terrific cross-country chase as they try to unravel what is going on, with the able assistance of their appointed lawyers and a very clever sergeant. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. Easy enough to mime sudden comprehension and an eager approach and a hand raised in welcome, and easy enough to let the eager approach become unstoppable momentum, and to turn the raised hand into a scything blow, elbow into the left-hand guy’s face, hard and downward, followed by a stamp of the right foot, as if killing an imaginary cockroach had been the whole point of the manic exercise, whereupon the bounce off the stamp would set up the same elbow backhand into the right-hand guy’s throat, one, two, three, smack, stamp, smack, game over. Liking the sound of her he decides to head to Virginia from South Dakota and turn up unannounced and ask her out to dinner. If only he wasn’t a typical male thriller character led by his dick then this story may never have existed.

Major Susan Turner is that voice as well as the commanding officer for the 110th MP Special Unit, the group that Reacher originally put together. Reacher fans will delight to his ingenious plan to bust them both out so they can track down some stolen weapons that could kill thousands of Americans. Out of all the consequences that arise out of human motivation I do think that the threat of isolation and the threat of death are among the top two motivations that drive humans to do what they do. But while Reacher is going back to his old stomping grounds, I didn’t get the impression that he saw the place as home. The first two Reacher books were good and got my attention but the series accelerated with the third book, hit its stride with the fifth through eighth books (the splendid run that started with "Echo Burning" and carried through "The Enemy"—the best four books in a row written by anyone anywhere), and peaked with the eleventh and twelfth books: "Bad Luck and Trouble" and "Nothing to Lose.

The novel was adapted into the 2016 film Jack Reacher: Never Go Back, starring Tom Cruise as the title character. Despite the chill they were dressed in T-shirts, tight and white, above the kind of athletic pants sprinters peel off seconds before a race. Rather peculiarly (but America may be different from the UK), no one seems actually to charge Reacher with the crime, though he is provided with a military lawyer to defend him. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. At headquarters he finds she's in jail and he's charged with murder and with being a deadbeat dad to a 14-year girl he's never heard about before.The plot was weak, and every solution to every problem on both sides was just too convenient, unbelievably so on many occasions. Reacher is finally in Virginia to meet Susan whom he met in 61 Hours, 14, and there have been three books in between 61 Hours and this one. I found out about Jack Reacher late, so I didn't have to wait for annual installments until about 5 books ago. I tried my hardest to finish this book before the movie came out, but I was a couple weeks too late. Reacher is subsequently informed by a detective that Moorcroft has been severely beaten, and that he is considered a prime suspect.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop