Unholy Murder

Unholy Murder

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

At the autopsy, it becomes clear that the woman was murdered. She is dressed as a nun. She may have lived at the local Catholic orphanage. A problem arises when it is not clear when the nun died. Things are further complicated when it becomes clear that the young woman was buried alive. A final death as a result of an accidental shooting was not included in Hassan’s list, nor is it included in the total of 498 here – that of Joseph Burns, who died having been shot on the night of 12 th – 13 th January 1922. He is named as a member of Na Fianna on the Co. Antrim Memorial to Republican dead in Belfast’s Milltown Cemetery, The episode sees DI Richard Poole (played by Ben Miller) investigate a murder which took place at a covenant on the island of Saint-Marie. Justice Sarevok is dead by our hands - we should speak to his hollyphant captive before heading to the Temple of Bhaal. Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It’s been a while since I’ve read a crime procedural, and it was a good addition of a series to return to now and then. The story was definitely slow, and the writing was a bit awkward here and there (perhaps a testament to the author’s original writing experience coming from screenplay work rather than novel-writing). Fans of the series, I’m sure, will enjoy this. And those who enjoy police procedural stories are likely to appreciate it, too.

This book is very well written and plotted as are all of Ms. La Plante's novels. Her characters are colorful. We learn sufficient information about their personal ives to make them more interesting, but not so much that it intrudes on the story. I like learning about the personal side of the detectives. I am somewhat disappointed in the Tennison character. I don't like her inability to follow the rules and the fact that she hopped into bed after knowing a guy for two days. That was a real turn off.

Fleur Perkins - Annette Badland

The Flaming Fist have found elaborate, ritualistic murder scenes around the city. They could be Bhaalist - and could lead us to Orin. Of the twenty-five people killed in July, all but one died in the aftermath of an IRA ambush on an RIC patrol in Raglan Street in the Lower Falls on 10 th July, the day before the Truce came into effect, but one which became known as “ Belfast’s Bloody Sunday”. The killings in August were similarly concentrated, all but two of the twenty-three coming in the last three days of the month. Not only is An Unholy Death one of the show’s most popular episodes, but the episode also features a star-studded cast alongside the series regulars. The party can also come across information on the murders by going up the stairs in the Elfsong Tavern and encountering the murder scene of Duke Belynne Stelmane. Here, they meet Gauntlet Devella Fountainhead, who is investigating the murders in town and believes they are part of a Bhaalist conspiracy. The party can tell her they are adventurers, and use Perception, Investigation, or Insight to convince Devella they can be of use. If Devella believes they can help, she will give a Map of Murder that points to another crime scene.

Investigator Valeria is now convinced Father Lorgan's murder is linked to a wider plot - and has asked us to bring the news to her constable, Gauntlet Devella, in the Lower City's Elfsong Tavern.

Choosing to go the murder route and not pursue Dolor results in Dolor being at the Tribunal and arguing with That Which Guards. That Which Guards states that only one murderer can go forth into the Tribunal. The party can tell Dolor to either go ahead, persuade him to fight against the Tribunal, or fight him to the death. With Justice Sarevok and Investigator Valeria dead, we must search the Tribunal for a way of accessing the Temple of Bhaal.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop