Flotsam: 1

Flotsam: 1

RRP: £6.99
Price: £3.495
£3.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

In the same place, close to trees and plants that will change with the seasons, photograph a different child at weekly intervals. I would recommend this book to children ages three and up since there is nothing inappropriate in this book and the format will be easy for them to read. In time, the young Wiesner began exploring the history of art, delving into the Renaissance at first — Michelangelo, Dürer, and da Vinci — then moving on to such surrealists as Magritte, de Chirico, and Dalí.

A beach-combing young boy finds a washed-up camera on the shore, and when the film is developed it reveals a fantastic new world of creatures from the ocean. I struggled to comprehend the significance of the random sci-fi/fantasy artwork had to do with the story, which were actually what I liked most.

There are images of the different types of fish as well as images of people who have found flotsam, taking a picture with the people who have found flotsam before them.

Check out our brilliant Plastic Pollution and Environmental Resources to support the teaching of looking after the world around us - you could download our fantastic All About Plastic Pollution Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity as a home learning task. It seems they each found the camera the same way and took photos of themselves holding the photo of the child who possessed the camera before them and then threw the camera back into the sea. The underwater scenes appealed to my love of the fantastic, and my fascination with the idea of hidden worlds. Also, it’s very clear that other youngsters have also found the camera through the decades and taken selfies. If you love this story and want to watch something similar, try out this incredible 8-minute wordless short by Peter Lewis, which has the same amazing but eerie feel as this book: THE CAMERA http://vimeo.Older students could use it for a writing activity in which they have to create words to go with each image. Flotsam” is a 2007 Caldecott Award winning book by David Wiesner, author of the popular books, “Tuesday” and “The Three Pigs. More Hamburger icon An icon used to represent a menu that can be toggled by interacting with this icon.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop