Audio-Technica AT-LP5X Fully Manual Direct Drive Turntable

Audio-Technica AT-LP5X Fully Manual Direct Drive Turntable

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

An avid vinyl collector and coffee addict, I can often be found at a workbench tinkering with a faulty electronic device, tweaking a turntable to extract the last bit of detail from those tiny grooves in the plastic stuff, or relaxing in front of the hi-fi with a good album. That half-century’s worth of analog expertise goes into every turntable we produce, ensuring you get the best listening experience from your vinyl. Company registration number: 01402643) only offers products from Creation Consumer Finance, Klarna and Paypal Credit. J shape tonearms are relatively uncommon these days but the principle is that they can achieve the same curve to align the stylus without the extra curve of an S shape unit.

I have nothing else to add to the previous review, other than I think there's some synergy between this turntable and vm95ml, because my albums sound so freaking good! The result was a characterful deck that offered a pleasing combination of excellent performance and a design that was generally both bullet and idiot proof. Its precision-machined, die-cast aluminum platter is powered by a direct-drive, low-noise motor, ensuring stable, on-axis rotation at 33-1/3, 45 and 78 RPM.

Drawing on Audio-Technica’s analogue heritage, the AT-LP5x features upgraded technology while retaining the contemporary style and acclaimed performance of the AT-LP5. So it seems I might need to get out of my comfort zone with the direct drive tables and branch out to belt driven. On-Ear Professional Monitor Headphones with exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range.

Where the original could show a hard edge where pushed, the new one keeps things civilised without any feeling of smoothing anything off. It has been designed to limit low-frequency acoustical feedback using heavy-mass metal chassis inserts and anti-vibration damping materials.

The AT-P5x is unassumingly attractive, its matte-black chassis weighty and constructed of anti-vibration damping materials to avoid any shakes and rattles disturbing playback. The AT-LP120 is what I have had for years so I just have accessories (like a heavy AT record weight) that compliment a direct drive turntable and that was sort of what brought me back to vinyl, so there is a bit of a comfort zone. Coupled with a gimbal-supported bearing system, the tonearm offers excellent stability and smooth operation. Founded in 1962 by Hideo Matsushita, Audio-Technica positioned itself immediately as a leader in the manufacture and design of innovative audio products.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop