Dubonnet Aperitif Wine, 75 cl (Packaging may vary)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Last week, a BBC reporter pointed out that shelves in a Waitrose supermarket had completely sold out of the stuff. Dubonnet is a French quintessential apéritif wine that is perfect to serve before meals. Here are some frequently asked questions about finding Dubonnet wine near your location. What is Dubonnet wine?

Dubonnet has always been seen as the expression of a tradition and a French art de vivre admired the world over. Naturally flavoured by plants and spices, this elegant wine-based aperitif from France is patiently aged in oak barrels in cool, dark cellars.The doors of Westminster Abbey opened at 8am, with 2,000 guests expected to attend the service and millions more will be watching all over the world. After the service, a procession be led toward Hyde Park Corner, before the coffin is transported to Windsor for a committal service, and then later a small, private ceremony for the Royal Family. At 10.44am, the Queen's coffin will be led in procession to Westminster Abbey, ready for the state funeral.

Please note, whilst the majority of parcels sent on this service are received next day, this is not guaranteed. The word "Dubonnet" comes from the French word for "dark brown", which is a reference to the dark colour of the original recipe. Dubonnet was created in 1846 by Joseph Dubonnet, a French chemist. Joseph Dubonnet's original recipe used quinine, which was added for its medicinal properties. The quinine gave Dubonnet its distinctive bitter flavour, which many people enjoy today. In 2021, the Queen awarded the Dubonnet brand a coveted Royal Warrant, allowing bottles to carry the label “By appointment to HM the Queen”, along with an official crest. Dubonnet is the choice of drink for our late queen, Queen Elizatbeth II. It is a sweet wine-based aperitif blend of fortified wine, herbs, spices and a small amount of Quinine. Dubonnet was first sold in 1846 by Joseph Dubonnet in response to a competition run by the French Government to find a way of persuading French troupes to drink quinine which combats malaria. The brand name Dubonnet was taken over by Pernod Ricard in 1976. It was re-popularised in late 1970s by an advertising campaign starring Pia Zadora. They now make it available in Red, Vanilla and Orange flavours. Only about 8-9 thousand litres are sold a year and it is very niche market orientated. The majority of drinkers are known to be middle to upper class because of the historic nature behind it.I like a Dubonnet & lemonade once in a while. It is simple and a bit old fashioned, but as a long drink with plenty of ice, it low in alcohol therefore easy on the brain cell. He combined fortified red wine with a secret combination of herbs and spices, which included bitter bark and quinine. No, Dubonnet wine is distributed internationally. While it originated in France, you can find it for sale in many countries including the United States, United Kingdom and others. What drinks can I make with Dubonnet? Gordon’s London Dry Gin has been triple-distilled to the same exacting standards for over 250 years. It's carefully crafted recipe has earned its reputation as the ginniest of gins! The Queen died aged 96 in her Balmoral estate in Scotland on September 8, with her funeral taking place today (September 19).

We always do our very best to achieve our stated delivery times but please note we can not be responsible for circumstances beyond Tanners control including, but not limited to, adverse weather conditions and supplier and carrier difficulties. Delivery to other areas - additional charges BBC's Mark Williamson captioned a snap of an empty shelf, as he wrote: "Dubonnet sold out at Waitrose - sent earlier this evening." The Queen's favourite alcoholic drink has sold out across supermarkets as the nation prepares to say goodbye to the beloved monarch. Man who took crossbow to Windsor Castle to ‘kill’ the Queen sentenced to 9 years for treason 05 October, 2023 Brian May: 'I often think, Freddie wouldn't put up with this' 14 July, 2023 Sir Brian May says 'it's bloody obvious' what needs to be done to save UK rivers 13 May, 2023Dubonnet is a sweet vermouth created in 1846 in Paris by wine merchant José Dubonnet. It is made from a blend of wines, herbs and spices. The classic Dubonnet Rouge has deep red color and notes of quinine, citrus and herbs. Where can I buy Dubonnet wine? The Queen Mother once remarked ahead of a picnic lunch: “I think that I will take two small bottles of Dubonnet and gin with me this morning, in case it is needed.”

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop