DYNAGEM polyWatch Watch Face Scratch Remover and Repair Polish

DYNAGEM polyWatch Watch Face Scratch Remover and Repair Polish

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

He also likes to play with lasers and did a fairly comprehensive test on light transmittance from protective lens filters. Unlike other forms of polishing that require expensive equipment and even the use of specialized ventilation setups, all you need to fix your scratched acrylic crystal is a tube of PolyWatch and a soft cotton cloth.

Don't just focus on the area with the scratch, make sure you coat the entire lens to ensure an even application. Unless you put a really deep scratch into your acrylic crystal, there is a fairly good chance that you can remedy any superficial surface damage with a soft cloth, a tube of PolyWatch, and a few minutes of your time. There is a common misconception that modern sapphire crystals are “better” than their vintage acrylic counterparts. While making sure I have the t-short sit on a plain level surface, I run the watch in fast back-forth movements across the shirt (rather fast, but little pressure). Acrylic (polymethyl methacrylate) is a transparent thermoplastic that offers an inherent amount of flexibility, making acrylic watch crystals less prone to shattering than those made from either mineral glass or sapphire.Yes, 8 ounces of Meguiar's is more than you'll need for a lifetime of watches---but it will also make your car look beautiful for those wrist shots while you're driving.

This is mainly due to the exposed position of the watch on the wrist - because you can quickly scrape it along the wall of a house or get stuck somewhere else. The key here is just to ensure that you don’t accidently damage the finish on your bezel while trying to remove a scratch from your crystal. Polywatch is so mild an abrasive I have never bothered to tape off anything and I just make sure to keep the cloth with the polish on it on the crystal alone and not rub the Polywatch on the remainder of the watch. With a simple tube of PolyWatch, you can stop worrying about the scratches and start wearing your vintage watch the way that it was intended to be worn.

If you are going to use something stronger than Polywatch, and why wouldn’t you, life’s too short, then take care and maybe mask the bezel. In addition, polyWatch has been positively tested and recommended in numerous national and international trade journals.

I have not tried using polyWatch on my lenses so don’t take my word for it but from what I know it shouldn't intentionally cause blur. If you have a vintage timepiece that has an acrylic crystal, it almost certainly will have a mark or scratch on it, but what can you do about it? This is very important for gold-plated or filled watches as the chemicals tend to get underneath the plating and react with the base metal of the case. Deeper scratches will naturally take longer to fully remove, and you can repeat this process as necessary to remedy more severe damage on your acrylic crystal.We also value your privacy and safety, and this is why we take great measures to keep your information safe at all times. Additionally, when they do manage to get scratched, they are both exponentially more expensive to replace and more difficult to repair – and herein lies possibly the greatest advantage of acrylic watch crystals.

No matter how careful you are, watch glasses made of plastic or glass get scratched over time due to daily use. Many watches are, it’s a silly design really since the coating is nowhere near as hard as the underlying sapphire. You turn the corner too sharply or you brush up against the wall, and you hear that unmistakable sound of your watch coming into contact with something hard and unforgiving. Sometimes you will notice that the crystal will look better 24-48 hours after treatment, than immediately after application.then I gently work the mustardy-paste into the wet spot until all the excess is in the fabric (about 2-3" across). I even imagined that especially good results were had by using the Mother's product first followed by the CD skip fixer. Diamond paste could scratch the crystal if you applied it with a Dremel or extreme force but as Archer suggests use finger pressure and all will be well.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop