Samson C01 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

A few people also compared it favorably to mics way out of its price range. A few examples: Shure SM7, AKG C414, and the Neumann TLM 193.

samson c01 micro thu am samson c01

I used this mic for the first time at a professional studio while recording the first EP of our band. That was quite a few years ago, so it felt incredible as soon as I heard the quality of my recorded vocals, as I was mainly used to SM57's and SM58's prior to that recording session. Perhaps the best feature of the AKG P420 large-diaphragm condenser mic is its switchable polar patterns. Unlike most condensers at its price point that only offer one polar pattern, with the P420 you can change it based on the sound source you are recording. This makes it versatile well beyond recording vocals. It can be used with acoustic guitar, hip hop, vocal, and other orchestral stringed instruments because it is versatile. It can also be used with drums. The SPL can also be used with a drum kit, as we will see. For a variety of purposes, both bi-directional microphones and Omni microphones work fantastically. A unidirectional microphone is sometimes a better choice for live sound and recording. If your style of rapping is aggressive and punchy, this large-diaphragm condenser will have no problems handling it. Even when you go extremely crazy with your vocals, this mic doesn't disappoint. Plosives weren't an issue in my experience, and I was blown away by the low-end captured by this mic.

The majority of condenser vocal microphones have a cardioid polar pattern. This is a reliable choice because cardioid capsules are great for focusing on the sound source that is positioned directly in front of them. This is usually presented with a simple switch, which when activated, prevents the low-end frequencies from making their way into your recordings. Another common inclusion is presence boosting pads. I feel the low-cut filter is best not used for vocal recording, as it noticeably affects the bottom end of the vocal range. It could be useful when using the mic as a drum overhead, though, as it often helps to roll off the bass when mixing the sound in with the predominantly middly and bassy close mics. The Samson C01 condenser mics come with a hardshell bag. This is an excellent case for studio gear. A hard case is essential for anyone who travels frequently. The hardshell case is lightweight and easy to secure. This is an essential feature for the professional recording microphone. It is the best right one. Samson mics represent a fantastically affordable way to get your ideas recorded, or get your band out the PA system. Using the same technologies that are employed by much more expensive companies, Samson have a range of microphones to suit your application and budget. Here's what Samson say about the CO1:

The Samson C01 is the latest in a long line of Chinese-built, low-cost studio capacitor microphones, but, rather than simply badge an off-the-shelf model, Samson seem to have had this one built specially for them.

Samson C01

Although the Samson C01 condenser mic is geared towards beginners, it will also be an excellent choice for professionals. It’s easy to use and very affordable. The Samson C01 may not be the best deal if you’re a heavy metal band or a recording artist who uses distortion and harsh vocals. It features a gold-plated xlr connector. This is a great addition. This prevents corrosion and ensures that there is always a good connection. A blue LED light is provided to monitor the phantom current. This is necessary because it is a condenser microphone. The C01 does add a little color to recordings, but this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It has a fairly smooth, flat frequency response, so there’s plenty of room for processing your vocals retrospectively in your chosen DAW. A few people are talking about the proximity effect, which should be discussed a bit further. At 4″, the mic is exceptionally sharp, but at around 6″ it starts to drop off considerably. At 8″? Pretty muffled. So in essence, you really get what you pay for here. It’s definitely a decent mic, but its issues are typical of gear in this price range.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop