The Grip of Film: Richard Ayoade

The Grip of Film: Richard Ayoade

RRP: £14.99
Price: £7.495
£7.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Clamps — There are all different kinds of clamps you’ll use on set. Everything from C-47s to Cardellinis and beyond. These hold gels to lights, lights to walls, and diffusion to whatever it takes. Amicus Productions rises from the grave, to delight of horror fans, first new film, “In the Grip of Terror” in the works Baby Plate – Used for mounting light fixtures that have a 5⁄ 8-inch receiver, also known as a "baby", to a flat surface, such as a wall or floor. When I was younger, I’d watch Amicus’s classic horror films; hypnotised by their gothic allure, I’d feel a nostalgia, even though they were made long before me,” says Megan. “I never could have dreamt that one day I’d be able to announce that I’ll be in one!”

The Grip of Film by Richard Ayoade | Waterstones

A work of shimmering, glimmering genius" - Stephen Fry Gordy LaSure’s passionate about film. He eats film, he drinks film, and sometimes he’ll even watch a film. But most of all he loves talking to people about whether a comely student with low confidence and a father complex, a Studio "development' exec who doesn’t trust his own judgement, or the countless people Gordy LaSure’s encountered in his capacity as the web moderator on an Excessive Sweating Discussion Forum. Gordy LaSure’s always talking about films and how they’d be a shit ton better if only people would pull their asses out of their ears and listen to Gordy LaSure. The title In the Grip of Terror was generously shared with me by Sergei Subotsky, derived from a list of potential titles his late father, Milton Subotsky, had curated decades ago. It feels profoundly fitting that we’re expanding upon the imaginative groundwork set by such a visionary. What’s even more fascinating is that three of the four stories we’re adapting were suggested by Milton’s widow and Sergei’s mother, Dr. Fiona Subotsky.'”C-Stand – Originally known as a century-stand, it is designed to take up very little space and is generally made up of four parts, including the base, a vertical leg with multiple stands, a gobo head and a gobo arm. One of the most common pieces of equipment on a film set, it can hold a variety of reflectors, lights, show cards or boom microphones. In the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, grips are camera support equipment technicians in the filmmaking and video production industries. They constitute their own department on a film set and are directed by a key grip. Grips have two main functions: The first is to work closely with the camera department to provide camera support, especially if the camera is mounted to a dolly, crane, or in an unusual position, such as the top of a ladder. Some grips may specialize in operating camera dollies or camera cranes. The second function is to work closely with the electrical department to create lighting set-ups necessary for a shot under the direction of the director of photography. [1] Dance Floor – Not to be confused with a traditional dance floor used for weddings or special events. A production dance floor generally refers to putting down a double layer of 3/4 inch plywood with the seams offset, topped with Masonite, to allow a camera dolly to ride smoothly in any direction. This process usually occurs when a floor or surface area is not level.

Grip in Film? Job Description and Salary Scouty - What Is a Grip in Film? Job Description and Salary

Faced with the prospect of watching some British film about unattractive people in inadequate housing, your body automatically shuts down to protect itself. First of all, I just want to say that I am not a prude and I'm not easily offended in the slightest, in fact, I actually really like offensive things, in particular, offensive humour. The founder of downthetubes, which he established in 1998. John works as a comics and magazine editor, writer, and on promotional work for the Lakes International Comic Art Festival.

A grip uses some tools typically used by mechanics and construction workers. As in those vocations, grips need hand tools at the ready.(Tools such as ratchet straps, wedges and a normal tool box) Junior – A 2,000 watt light fixture that usually includes a one and 1⁄ 8-inch pin and is mounted into a female receiver on a stand.

The Grip of Film | Faber

Amicus Productions rises from the grave, to delight of horror fans, first new film, “In the Grip of Terror” in the works – downthetubes.net downthetubes.netThe term "grip" is derived from an older term in U.S. theatre where it designated stagehands who moved scenery. [3]

The Grip of Film | Faber The Grip of Film | Faber

Predator isn’t a character study. Is there any moment in time when you’re doing something better than watching Predator? I’d rather be watching Predator now, and I’m having sex with someone.” Offset Arm – A stand-mounted lighting fixture that can be extended off center over a wall or other object.So while it’s possible to act like an ‘arse’, to be an ‘arse’ or even to select a gear for your ‘arse’ to be in, there’s something shrunken about the term, which corresponds to the provincial nature of UK cinema in general. Big Ben – Refers to a cheeseborough clamp with a 1 + 1⁄ 8-inch pin attached and can be used for several options, including along with a pipe to create a temporary overhead grid. The Grips department is overseen by the Key Grip in film. What is a Key Grip in movies? Essentially, the Key Grip definition differs very little from what we've already described — they're just the boss. In the production chain of command, the Key Grip in film is equal to the Gaffer. Best boy grip or second company grip: this is the key grip's right-hand person. He or she will act on behalf of the key grip in areas such as booking crew and equipment rental. The G/E crew, as managed by the Gaffer and/or Best Boy Electric, position and focus all the actual lights, run cables, and ensure the safety of everyone on set.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop