Night Angels: A Novel

Night Angels: A Novel

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I could give so many more examples, but I would just end up quoting every thought of Kylar and every time he talks to someone. While the book was entertaining and had some good concepts, it was deeply flawed in many ways, and really felt like it was targeted to 12-20 year old crowd, or should have been a CW network TV show. It was full of overused tropes and the way side characters all died off was like watching horror movie were everyone gets killed really easily while the hero can miraculously survive. And lastly there were many similarities in this book to the first book of the Mistborn Series, only the Mistborn book was, way, way better. I was reading that thinking, what in the world is going on? Kylar just failed to protect the two sons of his best friend. Their loss, perhaps deaths, would ruin the lives of their parents and could lead to the destruction of the entire country. Multiple people died in the kidnapping, and tens of thousands more could if there were war. But no, Kylar has to be whiny and petulant. Little did I know that this was just the first of many lines like that. It later continues when Momma K asks him to go look for them, and wants to know what his non-negotiables are.

Just like many other movies you’ve watched, books you’ve read and games you’ve played, The Way of Shadows is a novel about a mentor-protégé relationship where the man who takes the show is the mentor. Durzo is the most skilled killer in Cenaria and the most detailed character. He is the one with the mysterious past and all the secrets. The person, everyone in the city, fears to the extent that he may throw insults at the king with virtual indemnity. Trust me when I say there are some pleasant surprises for The Night Angel fans in this installment. At first you are going to be a bit confused and then you are going to go ‘That’s just genius!’. Oh and there’s going to be a perspective change as well. Which, I have to say, was brilliantly executed. As is typical of Brent Weeks’ writing, the plot progression is complex and multi-layered, while his characters possess nuanced moral identities that exist in shades of grey which made it truly a joy to read this book. As part of my work with UN Women, I have started reading as many books and essays about equality as I can get my hands on. There is so much amazing stuff out there! Funny, inspiring, sad, thought-provoking, empowering! I’ve been discovering so much that, at times, I’ve felt like my head was about to explode… I decided to start a Feminist book club, as I want to share what I’m learning and hear your thoughts too.

What's even worse is that a few times it felt like the author was unimaginative and couldn't think of smth interesting, and in those times the book just says "yeah, so, smth happened, but I'm not gonna repeat what had happened. It was interesting tho, trust me, bro"

To accomplish this, Azoth is given a new identity and a new name, Kylar Stern, while he begins his training and attempts to unleash his "Talent", or his magical abilities that would extend his skills as a wetboy.Okay, now that the cheap shots are out of the way. I do love a good hood and The Way of Shadows (2008, 645 pp.) is full of them. Realistic covers, for me though, only really work for urban fantasy/paranormal romance. It must be the tats I guess. :) I was prepared to dislike it, thinking that it would be a pulpy X Box serialization or a campy Assassin’s Creed type fantasy – and both descriptions are fairly accurate – but it is also much more. Thanks to NetGalley and to the Editor. I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review This was the MOST overhyped book I have ever read. So many people recommended it to me I expected something really good. What I got was a book that felt like a young adult book that was trying to be adult by swearing and talking about sex, just like a 12 year old boy would do. Life is empty. Life is meaningless. When we take a life, we arn't taking anything of value. Wetboys are killers. Thats all we do. Thats all we are. There are no poets in the bitter business.”

Another thing, apparently this story is taking place 8-9 months after the ending of the Night Angel trilogy… there is no way. I refuse to believe that Kylar become that much of a loser and jerk within 9 months. Every character he talks with (especially from the previous series) ends up hating him because of how much of a jerk he is, whereas everyone loved him in the last series.I particularly enjoyed Skylar’s evolved thought process in The Night Angel Nemesis. He was vulnerable, relatable and was struggling to find and separate himself from The Night Angel persona. There were so many heart breaking moments where Weeks delved into Skylar’s inner monologues which made you love his character more. In this book Vi is given a front seat, which she deserves, and her character is developed brilliantly, I fell in love with her all over again. Ah, I can’t say anything more without giving away spoilers, so let me just say there is a new MVP and you are going to absolutely love them. They are sarcastic, funny, distant, chaotic but surprisingly at times very empathetic as well. Most of Midcyru's countries are monarchies ruled by kings (Cenaria, Friaku), queens (Waeddryn), emperors (Seth) or regents (Ceura). Or the Godking in Khalidor.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop