Concordia

Concordia

RRP: £63.43
Price: £31.715
£31.715 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

It allows you to sneak out additional actions that your deck wouldn’t otherwise allow you to do, which can give savvy players a leg up. This running tally is in contrast to the physical game where VP are not tallied until the very end of the game leaving you in suspense as to how well you and your opponents are doing however the inclusion of a toggle option to provide this information throughout will suit some players and can be a big aid for beginners learning how to play and score well.

It is in the management of your hand, and the sequence in which you play cards, that your strategies will unfold. I said of My Village that it felt like players were playing different games, so no wonder the “paths to victory” were multiple; here, players are forced to interact because each of the roles is so interconnected, so all of the paths converge, yet each is viable if done right. Instead, you have to feel your way through the game, like you’re walking through the dark when there are no walls around – how can you tell if you’re going the right way? In fact, throughout this box is a level of attention to detail that puts most other game publishers to shame.It’s an adaptation of a mechanism I first saw in Puerto Rico (then again in Small World and Twilight Imperium) and I think this might be my favorite implementation yet. The way turns come together when you’ve used your Architect power to line up all of your colonists in the right spot, then you build three or maybe four trading houses on the same turn, and you do it in a way that triggers one of the end game conditions by building your 15th trading house. All of them have to do with having colonists, having goods/money, or spreading your buildings across the board. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products.

And this is one thing I love about the game: even though the rules are simple, each time I play, I feel like there’s a new strategy to explore, and player interaction usually forces me to explore it.You need to do everything in the game; the trick is choosing when to do it and doing it at a time so as to achieve the maximum benefit.

Hard, as in, you’re going to know that you’re playing poorly throughout the game because you just didn’t have enough knowledge or enough foresight to plan as precisely or as deeply as you should have. Each player has a Tribune card, which lets you pull your cards back into hand and get a coin for each card after three; you get more money the more cards you’ve discarded. All of the game’s scoring is tied to these cards—in that way, Concordia so elegantly dictates each turn with its card action choices and its end game with those same cards. At its height, the Roman Empire extended from Britannia, to Egypt and Babylonia, and encompassed the Mediterranean Sea. As I’ve mentioned the physical version of the game culminates in an exciting incremental tally of scores as each God is scored and players move their markers across the score track.

Don't let the boring art and name fool you, this is a fantastic strategic competitive game for 2-5 players. With additional maps and expansions, the replayability of Concordia: Digital Edition is near infinite.

Concordia is an advertisement for the best that Euro games have to offer: simple rules, tense decisions, player interaction (without overt player conflict), and near limitless replayability. Five resources in custom shapes does not a theme make; we’re in standard euro territory here – which brings us nicely to the final talking point. But most beautifully of all, the entire complex web of decisions and incentives moves because of the choices of other players. Sure, in some regard, each player has to do a bit of everything, but I’ve seen players win by focusing on Mars cards, Jupiter cards, Saturn cards, Minerva cards… It all comes down to strategy and opportunity. Players score points based on the cards they’ve collected, and the player with the most points wins.

If you prefer to read/comment via the BoardGameGeek forums, be sure to subscribe to the Top of the Table Geeklist. David Norris on Air Land and Sea expands its battle lines with Spies, Lies and Supplies – Review Great to hear, I'm a big fan as well. Without that small bit of influence over the random setup the game would drag a lot in the beginning.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop