Cork Dork: A Wine-Fueled Adventure Among the Obsessive Sommeliers, Big Bottle Hunters, and Rogue Scientists Who Taught Me to Live for the Taste (Thorndike Press Large Print Lifestyles)

£7.345
FREE Shipping

Cork Dork: A Wine-Fueled Adventure Among the Obsessive Sommeliers, Big Bottle Hunters, and Rogue Scientists Who Taught Me to Live for the Taste (Thorndike Press Large Print Lifestyles)

RRP: £14.69
Price: £7.345
£7.345 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

But Bianca Bosker’s book stands out as being spectacularly successful in teaching us about wine, in making us love wine, and in presenting a tone of unfailing good humor.

Corkdorks Nashville Wine, Spirits, Beer

Starting as a 'cellar rat', storing and retrieving bottles of wine, she slowly works her way into the wine world. At a blind tasting, your expected answer goes something like “This is a Merlot-dominant blend from the right bank of Bordeaux from the village of Saint-Emilion in the 2010 vintage of Grand Cru Classe quality. She strives in this book to become a certified sommelier, but ultimately, her message is that we don't need to be certified in anything to have a full and fascinating life.inevitably cost more than the alternative, leading to the inevitable desire to extract money from the well-to-do, no matter how unpleasant they (the well-to-do) are. Smell, curator and keeper of memory, allowed me to be a time traveler, and more than ever before I had control over my destination: I could pick a scent or a wine, then whisk myself to a time, feeling, or place. I like and firmly agree with the quote: "Every person has the capacity to find and savor the soul that lives in wine--and in other sensory experiences, if you know how to look for it.

CORK DORK — Bianca Bosker CORK DORK — Bianca Bosker

A few of them would go on to take the exams that would see them become Master Sommeliers, the top of the sommelier pyramid. The woman who INVENTED the WINE AROMA WHEEL invites Bosker to her KITCHEN to teach her how to find “asparagus” when tasting.Cork Dork taught me a lot about training your senses and how that activates a higher level of thinking in your brain.

‘Cork Dork’ or Wine Snob: Who Is Bianca Bosker’s Book

In my opinion, the best parts of this book occurred when the author got out of New York City and visited the rest of us. m. Chinese classes and a lot of flashcards with Chinese characters, foreshadowing the wine journey to be undertaken a decade later.But, this book is in many ways a celebration of wine experts’ raison d’être, and for beginners it’s a fascinating behind-the-scenes tour. There is no shortage of informative detail in this book, but Bosker’s writing style makes it a compulsive read. To compliment our wines we serve a cheese and charcuterie board, which have been carefully curated for your enjoyment. Along the way, she also meets up with smell scientists, participates in competitions, and delves into the many nuances of flavor.

Review: Cork Dork by Bianca Bosker - Decanter Book Review: Cork Dork by Bianca Bosker - Decanter

Rather than talk about the chervil in a wine, or something as pedestrian as floral notes, Bosker subscribes to a more metaphoric take on tasting notes. This wine has a creamy mouth feel but also packs wonderful acidity with green apple and citrus flavors.In fact, Bosker’s narrative voice is so colorful you might consider choosing the audio version so you can hear how well she mimics the smirky tone of some of the sommeliers she meets along the way. After a little more time reading, however, I thought that, under the layers of conspicuous consumption, fraud, etc. Astounded by their fanatical dedication and seemingly superhuman sensory powers, Bosker abandoned her screen-centric life and set out to discover what drove their obsession, and whether she, too, could become a cork dork. But is chronicling an arduous journey to achieve a kind of knowledge the same as demystifying that knowledge for others? While visiting an upscale restaurant with her fiancé and his client, she found her curiosity drawn by the conversation between the wine-loving client and the restaurant’s sommelier.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop