Pottering: A Cure for Modern Life

Pottering: A Cure for Modern Life

RRP: £12.99
Price: £6.495
£6.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This book has shown me that pottering was the much sought after mindfulness of their time, and that we have lost this ability to relax by getting things done in a world that is ever more digital. They might have got through all the important jobs in double-quick time, but they will be sadly lacking in the potterer’s greatest attribute: peace of mind. I don't see how it could fail to be a positive thing for anybody and I feel a little bit sad that with the pace of life nowadays we're losing the subtle art of it. Pottering doesn’t involve vigorous exercise but it usually involves simple movements like pulling things out from cupboards, rearranging items in rooms, folding clothes, filing away or tossing papers, etc. Pottering – a peculiarly British pastime that evokes the shuffling sound of someone (quite possibly in slippers) going contentedly from one thing to the next – is something McGovern is good at.

As time opens up for all of us to spend more time in the garden, Alan Titchmarsh offers his tips on how to make sure you do it right.It doesn't take much to impress her: she is gentle, she smiles a lot and she says, 'Don't be so hard on yourself. I absolutely loved this book, but I think I am biased because pottering is one of my favorite ways to spend time and comes naturally to me. it robs us of the sanity-restoring time for reflection on our inner life, and may even dull our awareness of the need for regular encounters with the self. I think just that sentence--keep it digital free--is probably sufficient once you've got the gist of pottering.

The funny thing is, your garden will seem so much lovelier than that of gardeners whose life is all rush and bustle. Even though not much new is being revealed, it's a lovely guide and an important reminder of dropping down that "to-do list" and take it one spontaneous step at a time. Though there are constraints, the discipline of restriction gives you a chance to take pleasure in the small things, to catch up on the practicalities of being at home: decorating, arranging and decluttering.Heading upstairs again youll find the "loft room" large, light and bright this serves as the perfect guest accommodation. this book caught me at a time in my life where i really needed to hear its message — oh to just be pottering !

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop