6 Snow Spray Stencils for Christmas

6 Snow Spray Stencils for Christmas

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Snowman stencil– Although Birds on a Cake blog made a cute winter themed cake with this pattern, it could be used for a variety of winter projects.

Start by cleaning the inside of your window. This will help the spray snow adhere better and create a more even coverage. It is worth mentioning that some snow spray can be used on the outer side of the window, but the colder it is outside, the longer the snow spray will take to dry. Next, use clear tape to create a template for your design. You can be as creative as you like with this step. Try out different shapes and patterns. Start by spraying a small amount on wax paper or cardboard to test how it will look. After you’re happy with your design, it’s time to start spraying. Once you have your template in place, it’s time to start spraying. Draw a snowy landscape on your window and add small figurines or other toys to bring the scene to life. Many craft stores sell Repositionable Spray Adhesive, along with stencil paints and brushes, for securing your finished stencil patterns to your craft projects. You may need to go over the window several times to remove all of the spray snow. Be sure to use a different section of the cloth each time to avoid spreading around any dirt or grime. Wipe down the window frame However, in December, finding a cool stencil (that isn’t a bit of holly or a star) is hard to find. But I have to admit, after my first failed attempt, I was desperately searching for one online.So when I first tried, I was determined to make it all my own work. By that I mean free hand and not by using stencils. On the show he gave Kirstie a bridge template, then she used freehand around it. I liked that idea. After a bit of thought (and a bit of Googling to gain inspiration) I decided to go ahead with this. It was hard. In fact, I probably had three or four attempts before I was okay with what I created. Free- Hand Flip your taped stencil over so the clear plastic is on top and you are viewing the printed pattern beneath it.

Whether you’re looking for a festive holiday display or a fun winter scene, spraying snow is a great way to add some extra cheer to your home. Just be sure to follow our tips on how to decorate your windows with spray snow and how to remove it, so you don’t end up with any streaks or scratches. You can also read: Invest in a good window cleaner! When it’s fresh, it’s still wet so easy to come off. But once it’s dry it’s hard work to remove! You can choose to have every window with its themes; for the kitchen window have your favorite meal, and in the bathroom, have a relaxing massage. The options are endless. So grab a can of spray snow and get creative. According to Leap of Faith Crafting, the results are limited to your creativity. How to clean spray snow from glass windows Once printed, position the printed stencil on the stencil material. Make sure to leave enough plastic around your pattern to be able to easily tape your finished stencil to your craft project later. Instead of doing something similar, I thought I’d get more technical and try the bridge. Freehand. I did half the bridge which was okay. Then I tried another house and street light, but I messed up my snow ground. That got wiped off.Sleigh stencil – I like this Santa/sleigh silhouette template from Activity Village. If you’d rather not have Santa in the picture, there’s also a sleigh-only version. After ensuring the place is set and safe, use a vacuum cleaner with the brush attachment to remove any loose artificial snow. The more snow you remove the easier the cleaning will be. Use a window cleaner For a first timer (or about tenth by the time I’d cleaned off my mistakes and started again!), I learned a few things. As I am writing this, it is December. So obviously everything is Christmassy – including what is on the television. In the run up to the Big Day, I enjoy watching cookery shows and anything crafty. So when Kirstie Allsop’s ‘Kirstie’s Handmade Christmas’ comes on, I’m there.

Snow spray is the stuff in a can that we had every Christmas as a child. We would spray this fake dry white foam on pine cones and windows. The smell of it just reminds me of Christmas and simply making a mess. Once the window is clean, take a damp cloth and wipe down the frame. This will remove any cleaner residue and leave your window looking sparkling clean. Dry the window Use a dry cloth to remove any moisture from the window. Ensure the cloth is clean to avoid leaving streaks. Remember for light coverage simply uses a damp cloth to wipe away the snow. Just be sure the cloth is only slightly damp, so you don’t damage the window. The most important thing to note during fake snow cleaning on windows is to avoid scraping. This can damage the glass, so it’s important to be as gentle as possible. With a little patience, your windows will be clean and ready for the next decorations. ConclusionLast year, my kids begged for me to take them somewhere where they could see snow (we don’t get much in NC). My house was done! So I tried a street light. His work gives the illusion of light and dark which is a weird thing to achieve. But by spraying lightly around the ‘light’ and leaving a ring around it, you can give that effect. I am not the best artist in the world, and I know that. But I am creative. Always have been, which is why I try out new things. Snow spray art is just ones of those ‘new’ things. Why new? Because I saw it done on the telly for the first time and I simply had to give it a go!

Was I going to give up? No. I did one more snow scene. This time a church. I used the same tools as before – my piece of cardboard and my art brush. It’s okay but practice will make it look better. But that evening I just thought, I can do this! For some reason I just cleaned off the snow spray art I had previously created and started again. With a bit of help from Tom Baker’s art work. I had to have something to go on, so I looked at a couple of his images. I knew if I tried to recreate them they’d look very different, but I needed something visual to guide me. Start Big I have only ever seen objects being dusted in it or sprayed on the windows to give an illusion that snow is falling and has settled on the window pane. Come up with your artwork by freehanding a design or using stencils to draw anything you wish to design. Eventually, the time will come to take down your winter decorations. When it’s time to say goodbye to your spray snow window display, here’s how to remove it: Protect the area around the window

Christmas Stickers

I then gave up and did some pathetic looking trees and a rubbish snowman. They were probably okay, but not the look I was after. Snowman template – First School offers a large blank snowman stencil perfect for the little ones to decorate using their imaginations. Don’t do this when small children are around. Unless they are very well behaved, or you give them a bit of window to have a go on themselves. If you want to create a masterpiece, kids will only try and take over (or draw in it with their fingers, like my daughter did) I have one of Kirstie Allsop’s craft books and I do like to give things a try. But when I saw a chap called Tom Baker–‘snow artist’ (not Dr Who!) on Kirstie’s show, I thought ‘Yeah, I can do that’.. It is as easy as it looks?? Printable sled – Believe it or not, sled stencils are rather hard to find online! I found a workaround, though; SheKnows offers a printable sled that I will totally use as a sled stencil. I like it because of the wooden slat detail, just like the sleds I used to ride on as a kid!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop