Nature's Variety Instinct Raw Boost Cat Food Rabbit Mixer, 6 oz.

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Overall the switch was a positive one and Pippy and Snoopy seem to love their new dry food. There were no tummy upsets or no refusal to eat the new food. They do seem to have upped their intake of water, which I assume is due to eating more dry food.

Owners are also advised to use an alternative food if their cat’s usual food is included the recall. According to Dr. Woodnutt, there are two main reasons that most vets tend to steer clear of raw food diets: Fold Hill Foods general manager, Ben Mankertz, said: “We are alarmed and deeply saddened to learn of reports from the food and veterinary authorities of some health issues in cats.The True Instinct ‘High-Meat’ range has a recipe ratio of 75% high meat and 25% natural fruit, vegetables and botanicals, which aim to provide complete balanced nutrition that helps to fuel cats and kittens’ active lives. A government spokesman said: "Working with the Royal Veterinary College, the Animal Plant and Health Agency and other government departments across all four nations of the UK, local authorities and the pet food supply chain, we are investigating a possible link between specific cat food products and feline pancytopenia. Raw diets may not be complete. One study compared two litters of kittens – one being fed raw rabbit and the other a normal cooked cat diet – and it had to end early due to the litter being fed the rabbit developing fatal heart problems. Raw diets are often created by small, ‘boutique’ pet food companies that may not have the experience or regulatory oversight to create a healthy balanced diet."

All raw food should be shipped and stored as recommended by the manufacturer – that means making sure it arrives properly frozen, and defrosting it overnight in the fridge, not in a warm place. The Food Standards Agency (FSA) and Defra are advising cat owners not to give their pets food made by manufacturer Fold Hill as a precaution. It’s a healthy, balanced diet– Just like humans, our furry friends need the perfect diet to maintain strong bones, muscles and digestion. Getting the balance right will mean a much happier, healthier dog or cat, both inside and out. Our biologically appropriate raw food is 100% natural just as nature intended. If pet parents decide they really want to feed a raw diet to their pets they should ensure the following: Weighing against this huge evidence of risk is the fact that there have been no demonstrated benefits to feeding a raw food over a cooked one. People claim lots of benefits to raw diets that simply aren’t proven in the literature. Many of these benefits are likely just down to the high-protein diet, or the change in protein type." Safety tips for feeding your cat a raw food diet

RAW COATED KIBBLE

The range is grain, gluten and cereal free with no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives; all complete, balanced and veterinary approved. Thinking about trying a healthy raw diet for your dog or cat? Here’s a handy hit-list of just some of the reasons why Natural Instinct could be the best decision you’ve ever made on behalf of your loving pet:

This follows reports from earlier this week of more than 130 cases of feline pancytopenia, an illness that can often be fatal in cats, since April, the FSA said. Overall, I am really happy with how the trial has gone and hope to keep using the range to support my cat’s health. They are in the senior age range so as they get older, I understand the importance of keeping them healthy. We only use the finest ingredients– There is nothing artificial about our food. All recipes are made using 100% British meats, fish and poultry and we use the freshest fruit, vegetables and natural supplements to create wholesome and delicious meals. No unsafe cat food has been identified but the manufacturer and brand owners affected, based on investigations so far, are taking the precautionary action of recalling and withdrawing cat food products that have been linked to affected cats. This means that the flavor stays consistent, which is important for many cats, but it does limit choice – your kitty will either eat this, or it won’t. Of course it isn’t filled out with grain, or that would defeat the point of it being natural, raw cat food. What it does have, as an added bonus, is a coating of freeze-dried liver to retain the kibble shape, and appeal to your cat’s sense of taste.

zooplus' Range of Natural Food for Cats

It is recommended that when changing any pet’s diet, you do it gradually rather than a straight switch. I continued with the wet food, gradually adding in some of the new dry True Instinct food. Over a week I slowly increased the amount of dry food compared to wet food, gradually phasing that out completely. I have been a loyal customer to the company for many years and ranged from 5-12 dogs over the years so spent plenty on money!

I’ve definitely noticed a change, rather than begging for food they seem full after eating and more content. As their owner, I also feel better knowing that I am giving my cats a more nutritional diet that benefits their overall health. Changes to any pet’s normal routine, including food could lead to stress and one of my cats is prone to urinary tract problems (which can sometimes be caused by anxiety), so I wanted to make the process as stress free as possible. A Pets at Home spokeswoman said: “We are aware of the recent rise in feline pancytopenia cases identified by the Royal Veterinary College (RVC). The health and wellbeing of pets is our top priority, which is why we are supporting the manufacturer’s product recall of Ava and Applaws dry cat food ranges.I have never in all the years I have been with you once rang up to complain about your product and the one time I do you don’t believe me. This is a precautionary measure whilst further investigations are carried out and we are working closely with the FSA, RVC and wider industry to determine the cause. When it comes to feeding your feline friend raw food, Dr. Woodnutt says there are some steps you can take to minimize the risks, both to their health and to yours. There is no evidence to suggest this outbreak of feline pancytopenia presents any risk to human health." The FSA said the current outbreak of pancytopenia was potentially linked to specific cat food products.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop