Elsewhere

Elsewhere

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This is the book that I think a lot of people were hoping The Lovely Bones would be, but Zevin's writing is far better and her world flawless. I can't truly imagine aging backwards, but Gabrielle Zevin has managed to make a truly believable story that is realistic, entertaining, and emotional, all at the same time.

Elsewhere (Zevin novel) - Wikipedia

Elsewhere is a coming-of-age story and work of magical realism—a genre in which fantastical elements (e. But ignoring the fact this model of reincarnation doesn’t explain the rapid increase in World population growth - I seriously needed to park this issue – Zevin described an interesting and often funny world. Zevin’s touch is marvelously light even as she considers profundities, easily moving among humor, wisdom and lyricism… No plot synopsis can convey what a rich, wise spell this book casts.Meanwhile, though Sadie is from a privileged family, she contends with extreme sexism as a woman in tech in the 1990s.

Elsewhere Quotes by Gabrielle Zevin - Goodreads Elsewhere Quotes by Gabrielle Zevin - Goodreads

I recently read this book and loved it - it's the story of a friendship that waxes and wanes and evolves over the years, the kind that seldom gets depicted in fiction. Sadie also wants to make new, high-concept games, while Sam, who has been cash-strapped all his life, wants to focus on games that are more commercially viable. She was furious, that she didn’t get to fall in love, get her driver’s licence, and even grow boobs. I'd heard good things about this book from another blog I read constantly, it was a YA book, and I couldn't wait to read it. Online articles about the case and interview transcripts are provided throughout, and Pip’s capstone logs offer insights into her thought processes as new evidence and suspects arise.

Pip has known and liked Sal since childhood; he’d supported her when she was being bullied in middle school. Fifteen-year old Elizabeth "Liz" "Lizzie" Marie Hall has found herself in ELSEWHERE after dying in a bicycle-meets-taxi accident.

Gabrielle Zevin Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin

We celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander stories, traditions and living cultures; and we pay our respects to Elders past and present. Fikry was honored with the Southern California Independent Booksellers Award for Fiction, the Japan Booksellers’ Prize, and was long listed for the International Dublin Literary Award, among other honors.

Firstly I have to admit I read this because I needed an author whose name started with z for a challenge. As a result, she finds the idea of growing younger distressing, and she continues to cling to her old life for some time after arriving in Elsewhere. Readers from a broad range of beliefs will find this a quirky and touching exploration of the Great Beyond. Even though the themes are quite serious and heavy it was an effortless read – but I did spend some considerable time thinking about the themes in this book after each sitting.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop