San Martin SN021G Explorer Homage Watch 36mm Vintage Sapphire Glass PT5000 Automatic Mechanical Watches for Men

£9.9
FREE Shipping

San Martin SN021G Explorer Homage Watch 36mm Vintage Sapphire Glass PT5000 Automatic Mechanical Watches for Men

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Like the aforementioned brands, San Martin watches are popular for their diver’s watches. They specialize in producing homages to watches such as the Rolex Submariner, Seiko 62 MAS, and more. This is San Martin’s Homage to the Seiko Tuna SBBN015. Definitely a lot cheaper than the original! I also like that the San Martin Tuna comes in various different color variations for the dial. The red especially is quite striking! For their bands, San Martin watches usually have stainless steel, rubber, or even leather bands. And lastly, the water resistance of their watches are going to be rated for a depth of up to 200 meters or more, usually.

SAN MARTIN mechanical diving watch 100 meters waterproof SAN MARTIN mechanical diving watch 100 meters waterproof

Positives: it is an extremely attractive watch. I love the vintage Explorer 1016 dial. The finishing, build quality and quality control are all excellent for an Ali Express watch. The crown is now signed with the same logo as the clasp. It came with a very high quality NATO strap for no additional charge. The box hat crystal is gorgeous. I got an excellent deal on it in the 11/11 sale and it costs a fraction of a percent of what a Rolex Explorer 1016 costs. It will keep me amused until my Rolex AD calls me to let me know my 124270 has arrived. Obviously an advantage of the timegrapher is unambiguous and rapid positional measurements. It is quite another thing to judge what to do about them. i do not fancy myself a watchmaker and all i really know about positional errors is that, while beat error correction may help some of them (or not) practically any other steps delve into the obscure dark arts of balance wheel poising, staff/bearing correction, etc. The San Martin 62MAS is one if their most popular products. If you didn’t already know, it is a homage to the Seiko 62MAS. That being said, we will be looking at these watches from a perspective of dive watches. The goal here, is to see if San Martin watches are equal to, or better than, similarly styled watches. We’ll start by looking at the build quality. If you are satisfied with our products and services, please don’t forget to give us a 5 star rating.

🍪 Privacy & Transparency

The bracelet on my SM is of high quality. The mistake SM made was reducing the micro adjust holes on their new clasp from 4 to 2. Not enough micro adjustment to get a proper fit. But of course such steps are not needed for a Rolex; the first five years regulation is free plus the movement's manufacturing standards essentially eliminate positional issues (or so the advertising would have us believe). Conclusion: it is an extremely attractive Explorer 1016 homage, and better finished than any other Ali Express watch I own. However, I had higher expectations for it. Kindly Note: Due to weather, customs or holidays, etc., delivery time may be slightly longer, please be patient. The dial windows, are usually made of anti-reflective sapphire crystal. Now this is an interesting choice for these types of watches, as sapphire is considered a more premium material, and is thus more expensive.

san San Martin Watches On Sale|Explorer SN020 Men Watch

However, that’s just me. Yes the sapphire glass dial windows is an interesting touch, as well as the use of materials uncommon for dive watches. But truth be told, If I’m buying a dive watch or homage, just for the look and style, I will probably try to find something less expensive.Like you, I have a preference for a nice leather strap. The main 2 issues I have with bracelets are: 1. They add weight and bulk (which can be a plus with a 36mm watch, but is a problem for me with most other watches) and 2. During a typical day, my wrist swells and contracts, and unless there is an on-the-fly adjustment (like the easy-link 5mm adjustment in the clasp of my Rolex), I have to remove the watch a number of times from my wrist to allow my wrist to contract. San Martin watches will have that all too familiar look that you know and love in diving watches. There will be variations on this design, but you pretty much know what too expect: coin edge unidirectional rotating bezels, luminous hands and markers, and a date window. This will be the basic outline for most of the San Martin diving watches. I added “Chinese” because their PT5000 movement (clone of ETA 2824-2 according to the internet) is purely Chinese. Given that and China now makes many high-quality products, I felt it right to display the watch’s country of origin. I removed the =330 for the simple fact many wearers of automatic watches know the approximate length/depth of 100 meters. Given that is the watch’s water resistance, most of us will never take our watches close to that depth. The best I can free dive on the rare snorkeling adventure is 30 feet. In fact, I swam laps today with my SN021-G, and it did perfectly well.

SAN MARTIN mechanical diving watch 100 meters waterproof

The San Martin 62MAS uses automatic movement, and features an analog display. It’s dial window is made of ant reflective sapphire crystal. The case of this one is stainless steel, and the band is rubber. It has a ceramic bezel. Sometimes they mix and match these materials. For example, some watches may have a combination of a bronze case with a stainless steel bezel or vice versa. The use of bronze and brass cases is different, because you don’t see that very often in these kinds of watches.

San Martin Watches Review: Are San Martin Watches Good?

Note: The links near the sides of the clasp are not removable. If you need to adjust the size, please remove the middle links in the bracelet The SM bracelet, although nice, does not hold up to the quality of the oyster bracelet on my Rolex Datejust 41 (clearly, there is a huge price difference). Rolex makes, in my opinion, the finest bracelets in the business. My Rolex bracelet is silky smooth, incredibly well made and extraordinarily comfortable. I can not say that about any other bracelet I've ever owned. So what do I think of San Martin watches? San Martin Watches are good, but not too much better than any other inexpensive dive watch or homage. In my opinion, I think that while San Martin watches attempt to be of a higher quality than other brands, they end up just being a more expensive version of something you can get for cheaper elsewhere.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop