House in the Cerulean Sea, The

House in the Cerulean Sea, The

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Thankfully he doesn’t learn the identities of the kids because he may have passed out during the meeting with his superiors! When I read the blurb about how this is about a home for children with special powers, I rolled my eyes. This book I asked for on the off chance that I’d like it, as some Klunes are desert island reads for me. He stays at each orphanage only long enough to make his report, then he is off on his next assignment.

They are humorous and engaging and I loved getting to know them, especially those of whom others might be wary. But I actually had a good time reading this, and it actually served as a good palate cleaner between the more dense books than I am used to. He will spend one month in the island and he will not examine the well beings of the children but he will also investigate the master Arthur Parnassus and the way of doing his job.Many who gave this book a 1-star rating had a huge issue with the references that Klune himself made when talking of the influences he had when writing The House in the Cerulean Sea , namely the Sixties Scoop in Canada. And these two hes will join forces in their fairy tale to actually fast burn the reader grandma towards the end with all their (beep. This is also Klune writing in this particular moment in time - of growing stress, hate, fear polarisation and evil on the part of those in power. These children are different and, therefore, for some reason, must be treated as outcasts by those who are considered normal. The House in the Cerulean Sea” is a, it’s a bit of a quirky fantasy, but it deals with some very real, topical, specific issues.

i don't like having to read about an unprecedentedly lonely man with a sh*tty life in a toxic workplace whose own cat, boss, coworkers, neighbors, and goddamn bus driver don't like him, in a city where it rains every day and he NEVER REMEMBERS HIS UMBRELLA. While there were occasional chuckles elicited, the plot remained unengaging, the characters uninteresting, and the whole reading experience a chore. I'm going to keep this review short since seemingly everyone has read this book before and I'm no adding anything new to the discussion here, but I would recommend this to any fantasy fan who is alright with reading something slower and "cuter" than the traditional fantasy book. This definitely felt a bit like a children's book but the characters were attaching and I definitely laughed/smiled a few times while listening to this audiobook. It is his job to inspect orphanages and schools for Magical Youth and offer his recommendations as to whether they are fit for purpose.Linus had never experienced love and Arthur seemingly hadn’t allowed himself the luxury of feeling anything for anyone but the children in his care. Occasionally, I come across a book I fall in love with from the very first page, and that's what happened here.

The House in the Cerulean Sea is a love letter to those who should be allowed to feel small and cared for when the world seems dark. Then there is Lucy, the youngest of the six kids, who is outspoken, brazen, and full of life while being all too aware of the way the world hates him and not caring at all since, really, it isn’t his problem that humans might fear him. An enchanting story, masterfully told, The House in the Cerulean Sea is about the profound experience of discovering an unlikely family in an unexpected place – and realizing that family is yours.And as they all moved, tremulously, one step along the road between unknown and familiar, I found myself full of wishes for them—for that house in the Cerulean sea, away from the gaze of malice and a happily-ever-after. I had just finished writing my YA debut, “The Extraordinaires,” and I was looking into wanting to continue along in that vein with something a little bit different. The comparisons/parallels between these magical, sometimes human, sometimes not, children, and the sufferings between Indigenous people are awful. Touching, tender, and truly delightful, The House in the Cerulean Sea is an utterly absorbing story of tolerance, found family, and defeating bureaucracy. To travel to a clandestine orphanage on Marsyas Island, where six highly magical, highly dangerous children live.

But then Extremely Upper Management sends Linus on a special mission that is top secret: He is to spend one month evaluating the Marsyas Island Orphanage, run by Arthur Parnassus, and decide whether it should remain open. And so when I stumbled upon this article about children being taken because they were different or they didn’t adhere to what standards people thought should be at the time , it was something that I couldn’t get out of my head and, but I didn’t want to co-opt, you know, a history that wasn’t mine.An enchanting story, masterfully told, The House in the Cerulean Sea is about the profound experience of discovering an unlikely family in an unexpected place-and realizing that family is yours. Their caretaker is the charming and enigmatic Arthur Parnassus, who will do anything to keep his wards safe. Maybe I'm just a cold person but to me this book felt over the top with saccharine sweetness, went into overkill with the morality lessons, and the odd humor fell flat. Initially, it’s obvious that Linus feels like a fish out of water, floundering and desperate for oxygen.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop