Burning Shield: The Jason Schechterle Story

Burning Shield: The Jason Schechterle Story

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Then what he went through to overcome the injuries he sustained when his Ford Crown Victoria police cruizer exploded with him in it and being burned beyond any recognition was sad and yet inspirational to me. I came to rest about 50 feet from a firetruck, which is just unbelievable that there was a firetruck in the exact intersection at the exact moment that I needed the most.

Because each and every week, I get to interview some of the most incredible people in the world, leaders in healthcare, and in business who have taught me so much. Whether you are a doctor faced with giving a patient bad news, a business leader who wants to get the most out of his or her team members or someone who just wants to learn to communicate better this is the podcast for you. I think you could tell by my background, beautiful sunny Phoenix, Arizona is where I am right now, where I’m born and raised. After serving four years in the Air Force, at the age 26, Jason achieved his goal to work on the streets of Phoenix as a rookie police officer. My car burst into flames, traveled almost 300 feet through the intersection at that, you know, incredible speed of an impact, how I was propelled forward.Jason ends up sharing his story of how he worked hard to fight agains Ford Motor Company to discontinue a defective and dangerous car thereby helping and probably saving the lives of other police officers We end with Jason telling us the toughest conversations he’s had, which he credits his wife, and he shares inspirational advice with us that you really have to hear!

And still when your wife comes to the hospital, the doctors pretty much tell her that you’re not going to survive. And then when they took me into the hospital room and cut up my uniform, he recognized and identified me through a tattoo on my arm. Burning Shield: The Jason Schechterle Story” exemplifies the mystery and beauty of the human spirit, and the healing power of love. Burning The Jason Schechterle Story" exemplifies the mystery and beauty of the human spirit, and the healing power of love. And so I answered up for long ways to go being out of my patrol zone lights and siren on time to get there as quick as I can.However, one thing I am thoroughly convinced of after meeting and talking with Jason is that he was put on this earth for a higher purpose.

Jason had fifty-six surgeries in seven years, and he shares experiences he had with some of the doctors and nurses in the burn center, being vulnerable, and the importance of surrounding yourself with people who are willing to help. And Marcus Engle had a similar story to yours in that when he was 19 years old was blindsided and T-boned and instantly went blind and had 50 surgeries just like you. He has turned his personal adversity into an opportunity to help other people in life who may be dealing with difficult circumstances. So many people, my doctors put in front of them, really, everybody said my career was over and I’m the one who stood up and said, you know, I’m a cop, not 40 hours a week. And sounds like they’ve learned an awful lot from you, by the way, if anybody was not paying attention, his son was born 18 months after the tragedy.

And there’s a part in the book where I can’t remember his name, but Brian’s boss said to him, after that fateful night, your job is to take care of the family. To read the details of Jason's life and what he went through to get to the point of achieving his dream was interesting. Again, it’s silly and simple to talk about golf when you’re comparing it to fourth degree burns, but it was my recovery process is so important to tell other people that there’s nothing as powerful as a made up mind.

As he would learn only after his own horrific ordeal, law enforcement officers across the country were perishing in similar fires, trapped inside burning Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptors.One thing I didn't expect when I purchased the book was Landon's ability to immerse you fully in the perspective of the people surrounding Schechterle. Interweaving narratives of human triumph and high-stakes legal showdown, this "inspiring true story" (Kirkus Reviews) reveals a rare human being with an undeniable will to live. Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, Virgin Islands (U.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop