Everbuild Fill and Skim Ready Mixed Plaster, White, 5 Litre

Everbuild Fill and Skim Ready Mixed Plaster, White, 5 Litre

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I constantly strive toward acme but know that i will never obtain it. The first step is to accept one's flaws and try to improve upon them. Failure to do so is denial. The advantage of taping and filling is that you can DIY it, assuming that you cannot also DIY a full skim.

Fills holes down to 25mm in one application so perfect for patching but also suitable for skimming larger areas. Finishes smooth and requires little or no sanding but don't worry if your a bit rough as can be sanded easily. Toupret Joint, Skim & Fill powder filler does not slump as it dries, meaning even large repairs can often be made using only one coat. As with the previous product, there is no flashing after you’ve painted over the repair. For the best surface finish before painting, you can skim the whole surface using a caulking knife or trowel. Don’t worry if you get slight ‘tramlines’. These will sand out easily after the filler has set.EVERBUILD FILL &SKIM can be papered over, or painted with water or oil based paints as soon as the product is dry – approximately 24 hours – depending on depth and drying conditions. OK, the powder version. The rep I spoke to regarding this product told me it was “Toupret’s answer to Gyproc Easi-fill”. I can tell you now that he’s wrong! The two products are noticeably different to each other.

I also admit that I am not familiar with Easy fill (I don't do wet trades- I am a decorator not a plasterer) nor do I use gypsum or cellulose based fillers. And yes the other week I filled inch deep holes in a recessed window with epoxy resin. I didn't have the time to wait for bonding to go off. I needed to be able to line over it the same day. Frankly I don't see anything wrong with that. I am not advocating skimming walls with epoxy but filling very deep holes Stir EVERBUILD FILL &SKIM to a smooth paste. If product is too dry, add a few drops of water and restir. Fill and Skim is also the ideal choice for electricians, plumber, joiners and general builders as a one coat patching plaster for small repair jobs.I have never come across a polymath and suppose that i never will. I have worked for extremely talented builders who could turn their hands to many trades. The important thing is that they realised that they had limitations. by the same token I have had the misfortune of working for an arrogant builder who genuinely believed that he was the best in every field. When filling a large surface area, it may not always be possible to achieve a completely level finish. However, EVERBUILD FILL &SKIMis very easy to sand if necessary. Apply the filler over the joint with a caulker or similar tool. Allow to set for 45 minutes then sand if you’d like to, and dust the surface down. As you have only applied one coat, the sanding should be minimal!

It is touching that you feel the need to jump to richard's defence. I grant Richard with having the inteligence to know that he he slags someone off that they will retort. I had made no comment about your abilities thus far but to date you are the only person that I have ever heard that claims to be able to achieve a spray quality finish with a brush. Most of my customers want lining paper on their walls, even the newly plastered walls. They prefer the feel and texture. Because Joint, Skim & Fill is a one-coat filler, we like to use a self-adhesive scrim or tape directly on the joint. That way, you can apply your joint filler over the top rather than bedding the tape into a first coat and applying a second coat later. This would be perfectly good for a garage. For a house, and where there are low-angle lights or viewing levels, then it'll probably need a bit more work to make perfect; a little more filler and sanding etc.

Case studies

Fill and Skim dries to a hard but flexible finish and is therefore suitable for wall or ceiling applications. If you don't have a taper, tho', then it's a pain; you'll need to feather in a band of filler so's it's nigh-on invisible when all sanded down. Ie, the taped part is going to be at least a couple of mm higher - almost certainly more - so that needs feathering in gently to the boards on either side - I wouldn't recommend this for a 'house' job. But probably perfectly ok for a garage. it does seem unfair and xenophobic to malign the decorator in question based on the limited information in the OP. Fill & Skim is revolutionary new ready mixed white plaster substitute that's been specially formulated using lightweight polymer spheres to produce an easy to spread and smooth product.

They would also think me incompetent if I told them that I could not sand and fill the walls and that I needed a plasterer, adding another 2 weeks on to the length of the job. I can only infer from the above quote that you are happy to paint to a standard that I would not be satisfied with. It can look ok provided you put the effort in, and it doesn't have to be hard - use the correct wide-bladed 'trowel' tool to bridge the tapers on both sides, and the bulk of the job is done. You can also buy tubs of ready-mixed filler for this, so it's all clean and hassle-free.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop