A Sky Painted Gold - a gloriously sun-drenched coming-of-age story for fans of THE GREAT GATSBY

£3.995
FREE Shipping

A Sky Painted Gold - a gloriously sun-drenched coming-of-age story for fans of THE GREAT GATSBY

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

En definitiva, es una novela sencilla y ligera; que te muestra lo que existe más allá de nuestro horizontes. Es una novela sobre aprender, crecer y evolucionar. Iris desde siempre sospechó que lo del accidente de su padre olía muy raro, pero ¿quién va a escuchar a una niña de apenas 11 años? Además su madrastra la maltrata y planea sacarla de la casa pero, antes de que eso suceda, Iris se escapa a Londres donde se cambia de nombre y encuentra trabajo como costurera para una modista. Durante siete años la joven vive de forma anónima mientras intenta averiguar qué sucedió en la casona de su padre mientras planea su venganza. Un buen día se le presenta la ocasión cuando el joven conde Nicholas de Wynter entra en el establecimiento de la modista acompañando a su prima. Allí conoce a Iris y la contrata para que le ayude a arruinar a un príncipe que anda de buscando esposa en Inglaterra: casualmente la candidata de este príncipe para este papel es la mayor de las hermanastras de Iris. Así pues, la joven y su hado padrino aúnan fuerzas para vengarse, sin saber las razones del otro, de la malvada madrastra y del apuesto príncipe.

A Sky Painted Gold by Laura Wood | Goodreads A Sky Painted Gold by Laura Wood | Goodreads

A Sky Painted Gold is written beautifully, with mesmerising elements throughout where Laura describes everything to the finest details from the rooms’ decorations to the hair styles and makeup. It’s all perfect for the 1920s setting also, and you can really see just how much research Laura has done prior to writing. The finest of details also really help with imagining the story, as it’s full of glorious parties and the descriptions will absolutely make you wish that you could be a part of it all.Oh and I can’t help but laugh when the characters are dancing. I know it’s supposed to be glamorous and romantic but I can’t get this gif out of my head.

A Sky Painted Gold by Laura Wood: 9780593127254

Wood captures the wonder of the world seen through eighteen-year-old eyes, and in so doing, re-opens my own to the beauty of the world around me. Things like her description of the excitement and majesty of London, make me realise I’ve lost touch with that total awe I felt when I first saw the city… Familiarity breeds contempt, but it doesn’t have to, and books like this are the perfect antidote for a diminishing sense of wonder. Yes Laura Wood still gets me like no one else. But I've noticed that it's her descriptions that capture me the most, how she describes clothes and costumes in this book is just breathtakingly beautiful. And scenery, places, people, she captures stuff and writes it down like it's a picture I'm looking at. Amazing stuff. Hello Yellow - 80 Books to Help Children Nurture Good Mental Health and Support With Anxiety and Wellbeing - A Single Thread of Moonlight” de Laura Wood es una especie de retelling de “La cenicienta” que se acerca lo suficiente al cuento que conocemos como para que sea considerado una versión del mismo y se aleja lo bastante como para que la autora se permita introducir pequeños guiños sobre el hecho de que es un retelling y que le salga bien.Iris, like all of Laura Wood's girls, is such a great representation of feminism. She is charming and strong-willed. She embraces loving things that are considered girly, while also not letting her gender dictate what she should be like. As far as my parents are concerned, daughters aren't terribly useful asset. I’m not supposed to go out into the world and actually do things.They’d like me to be more… ornamental. I’m just too much for them. Too big, too loud, too clever.' All in all, the book mostly reminded me of the fanfictions I would write when I was fourteen. The writing was very on the nose, the plotline very predictable and everything went way too smoothly for the main character. The romance? Gosh. As I mentioned, this is certainly marketed as guilty pleasure summer reading, but I found the romance far too saccahrine, straying into unnecessary cliche. Bonding experiences include (but are not restricted to) multiple incidents of spilling paint over one another/ falling on top of one another in paint etc. What a hoot! It made my toes curl.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop