Tavicinity Dartmoor Tors Map

Tavicinity Dartmoor Tors Map

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

From granite tors to ancient woodland to picturesque villages, Dartmoor offers spectacular walking routes for all. Welcome to Dartmoor walks

TTC Control Locations Map TT24 for general awareness; however, the definitive locations are at the link above. Find out more about Dartmoor's landscape and the people who live and work here by meeting one of our upland farmers. All Ten Tors groups have the chance to meet and talk to a Dartmoor farmer before one of their training days.If you are new to Dartmoor, you should do a few training days here first to acclimatise to the terrain.

The open moorland provides an important breeding area for ground nesting birds, but if they get disturbed they can abandon their nests or young. Make sure you know where the rare bird nesting areas are and plan your route to avoid them from 1 March - 31 July.Hare Tor. Super tor on the western side of Dartmoor providing top views of Dartmoor, the Tamar Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and Cornwall. Bench Tor.Topping a spur of moorland that juts out into the Dart Gorge, Bench Tora breathtaking place. Miles Without Stiles are stile-free routes, meaning that they are suitable for those with limited mobility.These routes are suitable for a wide range of users including those in all-terrain powered mobility scooters and families with younger children. Ponies grazing at Leather Tor, Dartmoor National Park, Devon Photo: Greig Barclay (Image: Photo: Greig Barclay)

Thanks to Firepot (Eat Outdoor Food) who are providing some light-weight, high-calorie meals to keep me going! Getting round all of Dartmoor’s tors by foot, self supported and wild camping. Distance 300km. What’s this about?Steeperton Tor. As above. Beautiful tor in the north section of Dartmoor overlooking a natural amphitheatre of moorland. Amazing views and a great place to visit from Belstone in winter when it has snowed. Find Dartmoor walks from the list below which features the best walking routes in the area. Most are circular walks and are listed from the shortest and easiest to the longest more challenging routes. I will not be held liable for any damages caused, as this is just a piece of advice as to how difficult tor bagging can get. The rule of the thumb from me is to always try and view the outcrop from public land, and if this is not possible due to tree cover etc, then please respect landowners' wishes by staying away if they do not welcome visitors. I've found that being granted landowner permission to visit an outcrop is one of the most rewarding things I have achieved during this challenge. Wild Tor. Super collection of outcrops close to Hangingstone Hill and Cranmere Pool on the north plateau.

Tors/walks close by – Beechcroft Plantation offers the ideal spot for a picnic with views, on the exposed banks of the reservoir. Great Links Tor. Beast of a tor dominating the westflank of Dartmoor. Provides sensational views of Dartmoor's north moor, the Tamar Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and Cornwall. Steeperton Tor.As above. Beautiful tor in the north section of Dartmoor overlooking a natural amphitheatre of moorland. Amazing views and a great place to visit from Belstone in winter when it has snowed.

Disclaimer for Dartmoor Nerds

Demand for the Dartmoor Tors Compendium continues, making it a regular on a Dartmoor book shelf. Retail outlets for the book continue to grow; it is now available in regional book shops and National Trust shops. All of the routes state their level of difficulty and give an outline of the routes, so that you are fully informed before you even leave the house.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop