Julius Zebra: Rumble with the Romans!

Julius Zebra: Rumble with the Romans!

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

You may have already met Julius Zebra from previous books. He was a gladiator champion and rebel of the Roman empire. He made sure the Romans left Britainia and freed animals gladiators from amphitheatres across Europe. He’s wishing he never left his family’s side when they are all pulled out in nets by strange looking creatures called people. Not just any people – Roman Centurions. One of my favourite characters was Julius Zebra because he was so funny, especially when he gave his autograph with his muddy foot and the girl kissed it. He was also very thoughtful and not like a normal zebra. During a visit to the stinky lake he wanders off and is followed by Cornelius, a know-it-all, chatterbox warthog who he finds quite annoying. They fall into what they think is a sinkhole, where they find a grumpy, old lion called Milus.

I loved this book as it was quite silly and in-formal. I loved how the author really got into the mind of the gladiator slaves and how the events that happened during the gladiators’ training sounded real. The history in this book was realistic, yet it wasn’t. It sounded like it was realistic but events happened that weren’t. This book definitely made me curious about history. Felix raised a hoof to speak. “How about if we paint faces on them? That might make it a bit easier to pretend they’re people.” Gary's illustrations are even funnier than the text that accompanies them, and they aren't just there as pretty pictures for show either - they are mostly used to continue and add to the story, in much the same way as a comic works. Natutally, being from the pen and brain of Gary Northfield they are invariably laugh-out-loud funny, and make this a perfect book for kids who love a mixture of crazy drawings and bonkers written prose (not quite as silly as Mr Gum or Stinkbomb & Ketchup-Face, but pretty damn close in places). Stay tuned for the next book in the series… I can't wait to find out what happens to Julius, the not-so-boring zebra! I would want to read more books from this author if his other books are like this. Julius Zebra is a very good. It’s funny and teaches you a lot about history at the same time.I can’t recommend this book enough, and in fact the entire series. I have definitely become a fan of Julius Zebra and can’t wait for every adventure he goes on. It’s a wonderfully funny book which plenty of kids will love, but it’s also a bit educational too. I also think a fair few adults will enjoy this story too. Julius Zebra isn’t happy about going to the lake with his mum and older brother. The water is gross and smelly. He tries to imagine the water as crystal-clear sparkling water from a mountain, but as soon as he tastes it, he knows better.

Páčilo sa mi, že kniha veľmi nenásilne, a pre deti aj pútavo, vysvetľovala niektoré skutočnosti Ríma. Deti sa dozvedia kto boli Rimania a Gladiátori alebo prečo usporadúvali hry v Koloseu, či stavali veľké sochy. What happens when you mix the gladiatorial combat of ancient Rome with a fast-talking creature who is DEFINITELY NOT A STRIPY HORSE? Hello Yellow - 80 Books to Help Children Nurture Good Mental Health and Support With Anxiety and Wellbeing - I think it was really funny, especially when Brutus (should be a Debra) made the chariot tip over just to get a bunch of seaweed and when Julius the brown ball was poo! In other words, an amazing book.

World's Greatest Heroes (2008-2010) and Max the Mouse [18] (2010–present) — National Geographic Kids

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop