Marvel Champions: The Card Game

Marvel Champions: The Card Game

RRP: £67.61
Price: £33.805
£33.805 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Marvel Champions is a cooperative card game in which you play as Marvel superheroes who are attempting to thwart villains’ evil schemes. This is the third cooperative Living Card Game (LCG) that Fantasy Flight has released following The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game and Arkham Horror: The Card Game, which means that new content will be released for it every month.

a b c d e f "Review: The Marvel Champions LCG is a fun little card game, and sets the stage for future Marvel gaming stars". Destructoid. August 16, 2021 . Retrieved February 4, 2022. There are five different types of player cards in the game: ally cards, upgrade cards, support cards, event cards, and resource cards. When you want to play a card, you pay for it by discarding other cards in your hand for their resource values. For example, if you’re playing as Iron Man and you want to play the War Machine ally card, which costs four resources, you have to discard other cards until you’ve totaled four resources. Any card that has the word “Action” on it can be used during any player’s turn, so you could pay for a card from your hand to help out a teammate during their turn. After everyone has taken a turn, you discard any cards that you don’t want, draw up to your current hand size based on your form, and then ready any heroes and allies that were exhausted during the turn. a b c d e "Marvel Champions: 10 Strongest Heroes, Ranked". ScreenRant. October 9, 2021 . Retrieved February 4, 2022. What I love about Marvel Champions is the way the Heroes and Villains play differently. The key to success is figuring out how the Heroes play. Their strengths, weaknesses, and how to best utilise them to take down the Villain. Certain Heroes require a certain amount of setup to become strong. These Heroes are best left in alter ego mode as you build up their suit, armour, and weapons. Once they are up and running they can be formidable characters. It’s also very easy to adjust the difficulty. If you want Rhino to be tougher, use the Rhino II and Rhino III cards instead of I and II, and/or you can just shuffle in a more difficult modular encounter set.

Thinking like Marvel Champions

This was a very tough battle, where me and my partner ended up with 3 acceleration tokens on the main scheme! But in the end, we managed to do some big damage to the villains just as Avenger Tower was ready to collapse. Purple Peril

Use their alter-egos recovery ability to gain hit points (only in alter ego form, and exhausting their identity). My favourite is Pulsar Shield, which lets you change to pulsar form when you defend, but then allows you to ready Spectrum. I’m usually reluctant to go into defence mode because it leaves you weakened on your turn, and there aren’t many cards I’ve come across that allow you to ready your hero. Another powerful one is Gamma Blast which changes you to gamma form and does 7 damage to an enemy, gaining overkill if you were already in gamma form. Whammy. Friends With Benefits I am not a seasoned LCG player. I have played the core Arkham Horror core box and that is about it. So I will not be comparing the gameplay to Arkham Horror or The Lord of the Rings LCGs (much) and I am coming this from a “novice” point of view when it comes to LCGs.

Browse by set

Marvel Champions: The Card Game Review: With Great Power..." TheGamer. November 17, 2019 . Retrieved February 3, 2022. The game feels very thematic with the obligations on point with the character. For example, Spiderman’s obligation is his eviction notice which ties in with the films and his character. Figuring out when to stop building and when to take the fight to the Villain comes with practice and experience, but it is worth that time investment. Where it might seem that you are not making progress by hitting the enemy, it’s wise to learn the “arc” of the Hero and play into that. Being efficient with your cards and trying to not have any cards left in your hand at the end of the turn is a good idea. The game is played over a number of rounds, alternating between the player’s turns and then the Villains turn. On a player’s turn they can perform a number of actions: Each card is illustrated by art straight from Marvel comics, bringing the game to life in a way unique from other FFG offerings. The graphic design is overall clear and easy to read, as baffling as "Sch" and "Thw" might be when the game first begins.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop