The Last Devil To Die: The Thursday Murder Club 4

The Last Devil To Die: The Thursday Murder Club 4

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The 4th edition of the Thursday Murder Club series is filled with crimes, philosophy and a short goodbye. While previous books in the Thursday Murder Club series have been full of action and crowded with characters, it becomes noticeably apparent early on that this book feels different with its quieter, softer tone, fewer characters, and an unexpected emotional punch. With that said, it's a topic that's handled in a most thoughtful and compassionate way by the author.

Where are the Thursday Murder Club Books Set? Could Hastings be the real-life inspiration for the Thursday Murder Club's Fairhaven? Richard Osman owes a great deal to his mother. I think we should organise a country wide village network so these books will not stop at five. There are tales too unimaginable to be anything other than true.This book was part of my birthday present to myself. Yesterday I decided that it was time to enjoy it. This makes two nights in a row that I have stayed up far too late reading, unusual for a woman who is often in bed before 10 p.m.

Richard Osman's fourth book, The Last Devil to Die, will be released on September 14 in the UK, continuing the beloved series about four crime-solving pensioners. It's a series that even caught the attention of the one and only Steven Spielberg. It is Christmas time and the gang are all celebrating in their own ways. Here’s to no murders next year…. Well that is. It going to happen is it? They soon discover that an old friend got himself caught up in a dangerous situation and has been murdered. And the parcel he was guarding is missing…and many many people are looking for it. Enter the Thursday Murder Club. The Last Devil to Die is equal parts well-plotted mystery, scintillating repartee and deep reflection on what it means to love and live.” The cast was a bit smaller this time but still had diverse and fascinating characters including an art forger, her comically psychotic Canadian husband, some drug runners, a couple museum experts, a victim of romance fraud, a brief return of Stephen’s friend, antiques dealer Kuldesh Sharma, imprisoned drug maven Connie, and of course, the eminently lovable Bogdan, along with detectives Donna, Chris and others. Narrator Fiona Shaw did a stellar job once again of voicing them all. Anyway my point is four books in and Richard Osman has the goddamn audacity to keep handing me not just consistently good but consistently BETTER goddamn books each and every goddamn time.In 2020, Osman announced that Amblin Entertainment had bought the rights to the first book to adapt it for a movie. We've had a few updates since, but we're still waiting for concrete information on when we can expect to see the titular club on the big screen. Donna De Freitas– A police officer who is (benevolently) used by the members of the Thursday Murder Club Osman added: “I’m so thrilled to be writing more Thursday Murder Club books at Viking, the gang couldn’t wish for a happier home. And I’ve been secretly excited for a while now about my new series, which I think readers will love. More details soon, I promise, but for now here’s a toast to more Joyce, Elizabeth, Ibrahim and Ron, and to some brand-new friends too.” MY THOUGHTS: I love this group of people and am still awaiting the call that there is an apartment/villa/dog kennel available for me at Coopers Chase. Osman will begin a new series in 2024, starring a father and daughter-in-law duo who run their own private investigation company which takes them around the world, solving mysteries that nobody else can. He told BBC News in July that his new series will be "a sort of Thursday Murder Club meets The Da Vinci Code", inspired by a recent visit to a bookshop.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop