Amaco RUB 'N Buff - European Gold, VWARNB08

Amaco RUB 'N Buff - European Gold, VWARNB08

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Makeup brush — Obviously you won’t be using it on your face again, so don’t use your favorite brush! It must be stiff and not fluffy (a blending brush works well) and you’ll want super fine/soft bristles for best results. If you don’t have any handy, I love this inexpensive brush set and use it for makeup, but the stiffer large brushes will work for this project. Make sure the makeup brush is completely clean and dry. This could also be really cute to use as a “dipped leg” for a chair or stool! Or for covering nail or screw heads that were taking away from an otherwise fantastic project. The Rub n Buff Product: The product I found to complete this “antiquing” process is called Rub n Buff by Amaco. It’s a must-have for any DIY supply arsenal. And of course, you’ll need the object you’ll be transforming along with a paper plate, paper towel or any clean surface to blend the Rub ‘n Buff. This Rub n Buff product gives the best texture and patina of the three options, in my opinion! The process to Antique Brass

Rub n Buff - 15ml — Fred Aldous Rub n Buff - 15ml — Fred Aldous

I think this would work especially well on things like dresser/cabinet hardware, picture frames, or other smaller detailed projects like adding a contrast strip around the edge of a nightstand. Don’t let the small tubes throw you off, either. They’re certainly small, but the product really works well even with just a small dab. As they say, “a little bit goes a long way”. Step Number Four | Using your old makeup brush, tap and dab a small squirt of the Rub n Buff onto your item(s). It dries immediately, and won’t “spread” very well, so keep tapping and dabbing until it’s covered!I used cardboard for my outdoor space for spray painting, and a simple drop cloth for my indoor space while doing the Rub n Buff finish. If you’re curious about other possible ways to achieve this same look, the best alternatives I can think of are:

AMACO Rub n Buff Wax Metallic Finish - Rub n Buff European

This step doesn’t have to be perfect, but you do want the majority of the item to be covered well in the darker base color. I’d stay away from applications that might need to withstand more wear and tear, OR plan on doing some extra steps to prep those items, and finishing with a clear coat or some other protective finish.When I have not been able to disassemble items in the past, I have found that using painters tape generously, and then cutting off excess pieces with a razor blade or x-acto knife has worked well to get even harder to tape areas looking neat.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop