The Body in the Snow (DCI Craig Gillard Crime Thrillers): 4

The Body in the Snow (DCI Craig Gillard Crime Thrillers): 4

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I will say I always looked forward to reading the next snippet of story I sneaked in at bed before no longer pretending I could still see the print well enough to read (smiles). The leisurely style of the story plus the relatively short chapters did make it easier to pace myself reading. On a snowy winter morning, a middle aged Asian woman is brutally murdered while walking in a park. Discovering that she is a well known TV chef and beloved matriarch of a successful family owned Indian food company, Craig and his team suspect that the killing was motivated by the greed of her entitled, grasping extended family, but the politics within his department push him to find a suspect as soon as possible, pushing his ethics to the limit.

Joanna's boyfriend Greg Reardon has since returned to the office where he used to work with his girlfriend and has bought another flat in Bristol. He raised a large amount of money for the charity Missing People and supports their campaign Join the Search.And due to personal time constraints, the time it took me to read the book reflects only on my circumstances, not the book.

Since the business was a family business, there are jealousies and rivalries that play into the police's considerations. While the family seems so bereft, DCI Craig Gillard is not sure that he is buying it. My only regret was that the story finished; I hope the author does create a series (as indicated by the title). My short and minor wish list includes a desire for a few well placed metaphors or similes. Like a spritz of lemon or sprinkle of herbs on fresh cooked vegetables, short emotional extensions of a description or the garnishing of a stream of consciousness, would have I think widened my imagination.

No Results

Vincent Tabak, a 33-year-old engineer and Joanna's neighbour, was found guilty of murdering Joanna Yeates by a jury in October 2011. This is the second Craig Gillard book I have read in this series and it didn't disappoint. The ending to the previous novel indicated changes in his private life which could only add to the stresses of everything else he was involved in. This was continued with just enough storytime to show it would continue into at least the next inslment, the first chapter of which is included at the end of this story and begins immediately this book finishes. It soon becomes apparent that there are many things going on in this very male dominated Hindu family. There is a lot going on in the business & within the family. An early breakthrough with DNA leads to an arrest, but Gallard is not happy that they have the right person. Each day seems to bring up more questions than answers.

I can’t wait for the next, in particular due to what was alluded to in the final paragraph. Well done, brilliant! The Body in the Snow is the fourth book in the DCI Craig Gillard series and although there are a few references to the previous book, this would only really be noticeable to anyone who has read it so this can definitely be read as a standalone. It seems like a robbery but DCI Gillard soon understands that there is much more happening and it must be murder. There aren’t many leads but Gillard is persistent and is soon on the trail of a possible suspect. Surprisingly, the mystery of identifying the opening scene's murder victim mid-book layered the mystery-level as a whole to an even more tangled level. Following an investigation conducted by Avon and Somerset Police, Yeates’ neighbour 32-year-old Vincent Tabak was arrested and later convicted for her murder in October 2011. A new Channel 5 docuseries, Body in the Snow: The Murder of Joanna Yeates, will follow the investigation in detail, focusing on how Tabak was brought to justice. But where is Joanna Yeates’ killer now?I stayed up well past bedtime finishing this, and didn’t guess whodunnit it until shortly before the reveal. Things were wrapped up satisfactorily although I would’ve liked to know what happened to the dog... The next book is published in July so not too long to wait to find out what happens to poor overworked Craig next!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop