The Voltarol Years

The Voltarol Years

RRP: £11.99
Price: £5.995
£5.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Live versions of ‘When I Look at My Baby’ and ‘I’m Getting Buried in the Morning’ are still available on Kershaw’s podcast 5. Thanks for this – a great piece. I’ll give the album yet another spin in the car next time I’m in the orifice. I’d also assumed that the ukeleles were in a bargain bin, in a comment on all the non-sports-related tat that Sports Direct tout, so what do I know?

Alfie Bass just fitted – it amused me that he would be in a medieval battlefield. The Norman Hunter-Franny Lee reference (“Norman Hunter and Francis Lee are going toe-to-toe/Amongst the entrails of the slain”) was just about the mud and their fighting. Most footage of the Baseball Ground in those days involved much mud if I remember correctly – mind you, when you watch it there isn’t really a muddy pitch on that one. But it’s the fighting as well. And Lee has him, doesn’t he? Thank you, for both the time and effort involved. Even if I realise it probably wasn’t exactly a chore, I’m still very grateful.Morning all. Message received from Rough Trade this morning saying “Just to let you know that the release date for Half Man Half Biscuit, The Voltarol Years, CD has changed from the original release date of Friday 18 February 2022 to Friday 25 February 2022”. Anyone else hearing the same?

And the line about her getting pneumonia because she’d been out every evening looking for the dog that had actually been found – that would happen. When I walked our dog, I knew a lady who would be upset about people who had lost their dog. She would have looked for any missing dog in any weather (she may not have developed pneumonia, particularly, but you know…)

Big Man Up Front

Failing that, why not bribe the musicians at your local folk club to learn a couple of HMHB numbers and inevitably some of them will fall in love with the band and keep learning more?

Sounds like one of those “All the Songs” books (I have the one covering a certain other Merseyside 4-piece). HMHB and David Bowie have been consistently jostling for first place on my podium since 2014, so early January has been pretty raw for me these last few years. This news goes some way to restoring the balance-though the staggered release dates mean I’m going to have to become one of those people who buy records in multiple formats. After due consideration, I elected against Whakapapa for the place name bingo in favour of an obscure hamlet in North Shropshire – which is probably all for the best! He, the narrator of the song, probably still holds a light for her and hopes she might for him as well – which is possible because the split was amicable as the relationship ran its natural course, and at the end he’s glad they end up in the same sheltered accommodation even though she’s got a really good flat while he’s got the basic one. If they hadn’t started pressing 3 weeks ago and yet the delay is only one week, then I’d guesstimate that it’s all pressed by now, pretty much printed and edging towards the distributor. 7 weeks is supposedly about average from start of manufacture to release for an indie label and 7 weeks from 6 Jan is 24 Jan.

And I'll tell you stuff for nothing...

I always got my HMHB stuff from Probe and got Geoff to sign it. (He always obliged). How do I do that now? I’ve also submitted an early stab at Rogation Sunday. There is nothing better in life than deciphering the lyrics to new HMHB songs. In the event of nobody winning outright, the placename closest (on Google Maps) to one mentioned wins.” One of the good things about this board is that if a post prompts me to find out the derivation of something, I only need scroll down (or wait a while if it’s fresh) to find out, without having to trouble Wikipedia. As a lazy old ditherer, I appreciate it. The travelling army of Chatteris supporters certainly suggested that the weavers’ cottages in the town were devoid of tenants that particular day.

That is a really special appetite whetter – thanks. Plenty spoilers in the review of course (just to warn those who dislike that sort of thing). I love what I heard about Suffolk Ditch and Oblong especially. Not come across Harrison or any of them before but some choice phrasing that certainly sums up the writing nicely and good to hear the influence on a new generation of bands discussed. The album review is about 44 to 50 mins into the programme.Nope not me, however, with a title like “Oblong of Dreams” there’s bound to be lots of Wirraly types places mentioned If NB57 does go for Haverhill it has to come with a “Pioneers In Town Expansion” quote, I would hope. Having listened to the live session on the Andy Kershaw podcast (link upthread), I’ve got “I’m Getting Buried In The Morning” going round in my head already. Top stuff. Can’t wait for the full album. Rogation Sunday’s Here Again!” Getting excited about something kind of unexciting – reminded me straight away of Joy in Leeuwarden I only discovered HMHB just after the release of NCAYCHSGYFHC, so I’ve had about 3 years to fully devour and digest the entire catalogue, this is the first chance I’ve ever had to get excited about a new release before it’s available and join in the speculation. I’m predicting I’ll learn a lot about the English countryside (I live in New Zealand).

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop