WINGMEN

WINGMEN

RRP: £12.45
Price: £6.225
£6.225 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Available as 4 piece or Duos with Voices & Guitars / Voices, Guitar & Bass / Voices, Guitar & Drums or Cajon

WINGMEN – NEW PUNK ROCK SUPERGROUP ANNOUNCE DEBUT ALBUM

If you enjoy reading Punktuation! please consider supporting us with a regular donation each month. I just can’t wait for this line up to hit the stage and play these songs to the public,” continues drummer Marty. “It’s all about getting your hard work heard and getting a real live reaction. And having Rob Coombes onboard will make this band sparkle.” Although unconventional in its creation, the good news is that Wingmen is not a just a studio project and will be a band that plays live. Dates are currently being booked and who knows what else the future holds for Wingmen. For now, we’ll leave the final words to guitarist extraordinaireLeigh Heggarty… If you can’t get to see them in person, Wingmen will be live streaming their Brighton show on Sunday 29th – find out how to view the action HERE It’s funny how these things turn out,” explains Paul Gray. “We had no idea where this project might take us; an idea born out of frustration became a full band within 24 hours, words and riffs and much tuneage followed, beers and jolly banter ensued when we finally met up to mix the results, a record company said “yes please!” and now we find ourselves taking the results off on tour! And we’ll be joined by Rob Coombes from Supergrass on keys – it’s gonna be an absolute blast!”My first impression of the album was that it sounded like a hybrid mix of the Stranglers and The Godfathers. But this is definitely an album that grew on me with each listen and the sound that the Wingmen have created inevitably draws on the collective influences of all their respective bands, with so many sonic nuances bleeding out from the rhythms and melodies weaved through each of the songs. Ultimately it proves to be an album greater than the sum of the parts of those musicians involved.

Wingmen announce UK tour dates for Jan 2023 | MusicMafiauk Wingmen announce UK tour dates for Jan 2023 | MusicMafiauk

The only thing that matters really though is this: “Wingmen” is brilliant. It doesn’t matter who’s in the band, this thing is incredible.In fact, “Wingmen” the album, sounds as bleak as it deserves too, but it’s wonderfully and brilliantly done, because Wingmen, the band, are as close to royalty as you’re going to get. DEBUT ALBUM TO BE RELEASED JANUARY 27 th 2023 VIA CADIZ MUSIC FEATURING MEMBERS OF THE STRANGLERS, THE DAMNED, RUTS DC AND JOHNNY MOPED Set for January next year, the tour will coincide with the release of the self-titled debut album from the new band featuring members of THE STRANGLERS, THE DAMNED, RUTS DC and JOHNNY MOPED. together on The Sensible Gray Cells record and if so, did he have anyone in mind, We both wanted to work with Leigh, and he was interested in the idea. I asked Leigh if he knew any vocalists that may fancy it and he said Baz Warne could be worth a call, and to my surprise Baz said yes! ABOUT USLouder Than War is a music, culture and media publication headed by The Membranes & Goldblade frontman John Robb. Online since 2010 it is one of the fastest-growing and most respected music-related publications on the net.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop