Just Another Missing Person: The gripping new thriller from the Sunday Times bestselling author

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Just Another Missing Person: The gripping new thriller from the Sunday Times bestselling author

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The plot is riddled with mysteries like Easter eggs that you have to uncover one by one, all interconnected. Just when you think you've solved the main mystery, the author throws another puzzle piece your way, leaving you screaming in surprise as you start theorizing all over again. When 22 year old Olivia vanishes following an appearance on a CCTV entering a dead end alley, her case is turned over to senior detective in charge of missing persons, Julia, who is dealing with her own familial issues. When the missing person’s case turns personal, Julia is forced to chose between her career and her family. Now, keep in mind, Julia Day is a good police officer. She is committed to justice and doing the right thing. She has a spotless reputation. While I enjoyed Just Another Missing Person, it is not quite as spectacular as last year’s Wrong Place, Wrong Time. However, this being the third McAllister thriller I have read, I am convinced she is an extremely talented writer, and am looking forward to reading more from her! But what sets Gillian McAllister's books apart is her unique descriptions, the banter between characters, and the emphasis she places on the importance of family, especially motherhood, in each of her stories.

Just Another Missing Person - Jen Ryland Reviews Review of Just Another Missing Person - Jen Ryland Reviews

Here’s what I will argue. At some point, this book became so completely convoluted that I couldn’t keep up with the identities or twists. It isn’t the audiobook’s fault. It is labeled by POV and narrated well. This is all about the story. Whether it is the structure and how it is laid out or how the reveals are, well, revealed, it caused me mass confusion. Just Another Missing Person is a solid police procedural - I really enjoyed this new and highly anticipated release from McAllister. Told from multiple POVs in different timelines, I frequently found myself in a state of constant confusion. This clever and endlessly surprising thriller is laced with a clever look at family and motherhood, and cements Gillian McAllister as a major talent in the world of suspense and a master of creating ethical dilemmas that show just how murky the distinction between right and wrong can be.Initially it took me a bit to get invested in the story but once I did, I was hooked. The author lures you in and hits you with twist halfway in and then blindsides you with another twist before the story ends. I definitely see a lot of readers loving this addictive story like I did. Each character in this thriller must grapple with the decision to “do the right thing.” They are fully developed and flawed in unique ways. However, they are all intriguing and I was invested in their individual quests to find out the truth. There are two major twists in this plot, one at around 50%, and the other near the end. Both are satisfying, but not over the top. I was very surprised to learn that McAllister is about to become a mother for the first time, because the plots in her books always involve protective mother characters, who will do anything for their children. While the start of the case looks to be rather bewildering at first blush, Julia, thanks to twenty years of service, knows what this kind of case will entail—plenty of long hours, desperate loved ones, and often way too few answers. What she doesn’t realize at the outset, however, is that this case is poised to barrel headlong into her personal life, challenging her long held beliefs in ways she never imagined. In my opinny, this was def stronger than Wrong Place Wrong Time. Maybe it's because I knew to expect 36 commas per sentence, but it didn't bother me as much this time around. Although the streets told me this was a slow burn, I found the pace was much faster than WPWT and baby bombshells were littered throughout. Idk what it is about her books, but in WPWT and this one, she caught me unawares time and time again. Julia, is the detective heading up the search for Olivia-but the criminal behind the disappearance has very persuasive weapon-he knows Julia’s biggest secret and her family's safety depends on one thing…

Just Another Missing Person – HarperCollins Just Another Missing Person – HarperCollins

I guess if you want to think of this positively, it made the book a complete surprise. You won’t guess anything. But, to me, this was not in a good way. #3 That’s The Cherry On The Parfait- Just Another Missing Person by Gillian McAllisteras 22 year old olivia is captured on cctv footage inexplicably vanishing into thin air, detective julia day is called upon to helm the investigation. with years of experience under her belt and a peerless work ethic, she’s more than equipped for the task. that is, until a secret julia’s been harbouring of her own is suddenly in danger of being revealed and the case gets all too personal for her and those she’s protecting. DCI Julia Day is investigating the mystery surrounding missing person Olivia who goes down an alley and never comes out - there are lots of questions surrounding her disappearance. An unsolved missing person case from a year prior also plagues DCI Day's mind. He tells her that her family's safety depends on one thing: Julia must NOT find out what happened to Olivia - and must frame somebody else for her murder . . . I listened to the audiobook and although the book's full-cast narration was superb, perhaps reading the eb00k was the way to go with this title.

Just Another Missing Person By Five Reasons Not To Read Just Another Missing Person By

In general, I much prefer books with fewer well-developed characters than books with more characters that can be counted.Soon after Julia begins the investigation she is forced to make a terrible decision. Julia must NOT find out what happened to Olivia and frame someone else for her murder or if she chooses to find out the truth, she risks her family's future and safety. This clever and endlessly surprising thriller is laced with a smart look at family and motherhood and cements Gillian McAllister as a major talent in the world of suspense and a master of creating ethical dilemmas that show just how murky the distinction between right and wrong can be. Just Another Missing Person By Gillian Mcallister- Review Disclaimer A stunning, clever and ingeniously plotted thriller with jaw-dropping gasp out loud twists The Sunday Express Pros: simple mystery that was elevated by strong writing and intricate plotting, solid pace, loved the little reveals throughout, something about her storytelling always catches me unawares when the twists are revealed, interesting moral dilemma that could spark some juicy book club discussions And that ending! Oh, what a masterpiece! The cleverly woven threads of the plot culminated in a stunning revelation that left me in awe of McAllister's narrative brilliance. It was a satisfying conclusion that tied all the loose ends together and left me with a sense of fulfillment and admiration for the author's storytelling skills.

Just Another Missing Person by Gillian McAllister | Book of Just Another Missing Person by Gillian McAllister | Book of

Because her family's safety depends on one thing: Julia must NOT find out what happened to Olivia - and must frame somebody else for her murder . . . Just Another Missing Person" is another riveting thriller that continues her trend of puzzling, enigmatic, and complex writing. You feel like a detective not only solving the mysteries she throws your way but also becoming attached to the three different narrations: Julia, a workaholic, honest police officer; Lewis, a caring father devoted to finding his missing daughter; and Emma, a single mom who would do anything to protect her son, even as she suspects his behavior. When the book ended, I appreciated and applauded the author's clever twists, but felt that the book's storyline could have been better executed. I did not like the main protagonist at all - couldn't connect with some of the things that she did and could think of other ways she could have handled this. McAllister piles twist on startling twist, but always in the service of carefully drawn characters with real human problems. A first class thriller Mail on SundayAnother masterpiece from the queen of the emotional thriller. This book has one of the best twists I've ever come across' Beth O'Leary This is my second read by the author, I loved Wrong Place, Wrong Time, so I knew I would like this one too. The story makes the reader ask themselves, how far would you go to protect someone you love?

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop