Hot Rocks 1964-1971

Hot Rocks 1964-1971

RRP: £12.99
Price: £6.495
£6.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The Stones have maintained, of course, radiating a semblance of constant change while mainly just reworking the most tried-and-true elements in their arsenal. Hot Rocks 1964–1971 is a compilation album by the Rolling Stones released by London Records in December 1971. I've been listening to one version or another of this record for 40+ years and I will say this is CLEARLY the best sounding issue of them all. A photograph of the band at Swarkestone Hall Pavilion, taken by Michael Joseph in 1968, was printed on the back cover of the vinyl release.

Hot Rocks, 1964-1971 – Rolling Stone

So in part Hot Rocks is, however beautifully packaged, a purely mercenary item put together by the Stones’ former record company to cash in on the Christmas season and wring some more bucks out in the name of the Mod Princes they once owned.He has spent thirty years in the music business often working with many of the people who have appeared on this site. Listening to “Midnight Rambler” still gives me chills today, but I hardly think Mick Jagger thinks of himself as “a proud Black Panther. When I went away to college I didn’t take the records with me and my mom thought I no longer wanted them and gave them away.

Rolling Stones – Hot Rocks 1964-1971 (CD) - Discogs The Rolling Stones – Hot Rocks 1964-1971 (CD) - Discogs

Hot Rocks (London 2PS 606-7) is even crasser than Flowers and Children, because it’s the first Stones album on which every track has been represented on albums previously released in this country. A. degrees from Stony Brook University along with New York State Public School Education Certifications in Music and Social Studies. So when we look past the magnificent cover depicting the Stones in their numerous roles as ragtag rougues of Merrie Olde, Tangierian travellers, fashion plates, etc. The balancing of these two senses is at once the strength and limitation of the Stones: strength, because nothing is more universal now than boredom and dissatisfaction and the Stones’ particular brand of charismatic swagger has been affected by more adolescents than any other posture of the generation: limitation, since yesterday’s outrageous strut is today’s cornball signal to get the hook, and keeping a sure grasp on the shifting modes in malaise o’ the day is one of the most difficult feats for any artist to maintain in this fast-mutating era.are perhaps the most decadent or even, in the words of some, evil of our heroes, they also have the surest grasp of who we are and where we are going.

The Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks 1964-1971 | Releases | Discogs

As historical document of Greatest Hits culling, Hot Rocks takes almost no chances, and if the Stones or London sometimes display an unexpected sense of what may be the band’s most important statements (as in the inclusion of “You Can’t Always Get What You Want”), there is also much left out. The album is the best selling of the numerous Decca/ ABKCO releases after the Rolling Stones lost control of their pre-1971 catalogue to their former manager Allen Klein. It's very unfortunate that it has taken up till now (Well, 2014) to get a get a good issue of this classic compilation of the Stones. I doubt if they’ll ever stop writing songs like “Bitch” and “Live With Me” any more than they’ll ever stop copping licks from Chuck Berry. The album includes a mixture of hit singles, such as " Jumping Jack Flash", B-sides such as " Play with Fire", and album tracks such as " Under My Thumb" and " Gimme Shelter", the last of which has become one of the Rolling Stones' most popular and highly regarded songs.I've played them back to back several times and the mono first release always sounds so much better to me. Comes with 2 thick plastic inner sleeves (not sure if they are antistatic, they seem to be made out of polyethylene), so far you may be wondering, why I gave it 3 stars if it has many positive features?

Hot Rocks 1964-1971 by The Rolling Stones - Apple Music

Some tracks like the Aftermath/Bleed/Sticky tracks, sound great, while others, like the Beggars Banquet tracks, sound awful. Let’s Spend the Night Together” also represented the apotheosis of noise evolved into an arrangement of perfect clarity and unorthodox form, and effortlessly pushing, pulsating, almost mechanical sound that could go on forever. Get Off Of My Cloud” brought the former razzberry to a pinnacle of derisive noise that many, including Jagger himself, found excessive, while “I Can’t Get No Satisfaction” was, of course, the primal and perhaps still definitive statement of the latter condition.

Songs that were recorded in mono are mono and songs that were recorded in stereo are stereo, none of that reprocessed crap that they latched onto and issued millions of records in that terrible sound.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop