Chasing the Dead: 1 (David Raker Mystery)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Seller has stated it will dispatch the item within 1 working day upon receipt of cleared payment - opens in a new window or tab . But if you’re extremely squeamish at the very mention of pain and blood, this book might not be the best one for you to pick up.

Primo volume di una trilogia incentrata sulla figura dell’ex reporter David Raker, Morte sospetta è una grande opera d’esordio, un romanzo ricco di spunti e colpi di scena che riesce a catturare l’attenzione del lettore e, cosa molto importante, riesce a coinvolgerlo in quella che si rivela essere una vera e propria lotta contro il tempo. Not the first book I have read in this series but the standard of this one is right up there with the others.Even now having finished the story I'm really not sure what it was all about and what actually happened. Without Warning finds Pullman Snr serving a life sentence for murder and the adult Joe apparently a pillar of the community: married and a successful undertaker.

Anyone paying a minute amount of attention can tell within the first few chapters that this will be a supernatural horror.Alex’s life begins to unfold in front of Raker and the missing persons’ investigator finds dangerous secrets in the apparently innocent life of Alex Towne – secrets that a group of killers have guarded dearly, and that they continue to guard, even at the cost of Raker’s life. I like Raker, he's solid, a thinker, devoted to his craft and a doer but underneath all that he's human and makes mistakes. For the most part I really enjoyed this one too, going back to the introduction of David Raker's escapades was a good idea.

Dopo aver perso tragicamente la moglie, David Raker ha detto addio alla sua vecchia vita: la carriera di reporter che lo aveva portato in giro per il mondo e che spesso aveva messo a rischio la sua incolumità è stata abbandonata, così come il lavoro extra che David aveva intrapreso dietro il suggerimento della moglie, quello di detective privato. But Raker's investigations open him up to considerable danger as he gets involved with the workings of an organisation that will do anything to remain hidden. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. The reader is then taken on a voyage of discovery as David Raker unearths clues (literally from the beach) and follows a trail that introduces us to numerous characters and places before the final showdown and the uncovering of the Calgary Project. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice.Penguin presents the audiobook edition of You Were Gone by Tim Weaver, read by Joe Coen, Rachel Bavidge and Tom Burke. I’ve only heard positive reviews about this series and being an OCD reader I needed to start at the beginning to learn the full story behind the main character and so I’ve downloaded all Tim’s other books and started Chasing the Dead. Good story but over emphasised at times, obviously to increase the dramatic effect but was over cooked for me at times. Then story takes an absolute bizarro turn as it becomes a zombie story, sort of like The Walking Dead. Having bought it I may try again in a few months but I still think it will hover around the pile to go to the village hall for others to try.

It starts off with an appropriately mysterious meeting between a pair of children, moves to a busy mother's innocuous day that we know is leading to trouble, and then begins a fast-paced thriller chase that keeps inching up the scare factor. It kept me looking for excuses and breaks to be able to pick it up whenever I could and ends extremely satisfactorily, even while leaving you wanting to follow Raker on his next case.I purchased this book almost in desperation after finding the last two or three novels I read quite disappointing. As a YA horror, it has a balance of blood and action, a couple nude scenes (but no sex), an easy-to-follow plot, and "summary" explanations toward the end. Chasing The Dead is a messy conglomeration of all those, something I was not aware of when I began reading.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop