Flawed

Flawed

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

There are also some pretty intense gory scenes that I wasn't happy reading into. I mean it was described in detail and I almost threw up a little, gah. It also became a bit predictable and then there was a love triangle and what I'm guessing was instant love. She barely knew anything about this guy and immediately became obsessed. I had no idea why either. There was a brutal bullying scene that had me screeching in my head. It was a little too intense for me. Sweeney, Ken (26 March 2012). "Cecelia expecting summer baby". Irish Independent. Independent News & Media . Retrieved 26 March 2012. Flawed is set in a powerfully realised society where perfection is valued above humanity, with an intense love story at its centre. Good-girl Celestine has always agreed with the system but following an act of kindness towards one of the Flawed is herself excluded and soon she is fighting for her own survival – and for love. Hugely accessible, emotionally resonant and with a character who will seize the hearts of anyone who meets her, this is the ideal book for anyone who has ever felt the pressure to be perfect. I bite my lip as the tears stream. I think of little Ewan, how scared he would be, how I have bought such danger to my family.”

She has now added a YA (young adult) novel to her vast repertoire. Flawed is set in a dystopian future where being perfect is the ultimate goal, and it's aimed firmly at teenagers, although her loyal adult readers may also 'cross over'. Para surpresa de muitos e prazer de bastantes, Mrs. Ahern concebeu uma distopia YA com um enredo cativante e ingredientes q.b. para pensar. Let us all know that to be human is to be flawed, and let us learn from every mistake made so that we don’t make them again’ WOW! Unglaublich, wie viele Leser dieses Buch gehypt haben, und zwar richtig gehypt. Jeder, wirklich jeder hat das Buch oder das Hörbuch in die Kamera gehalten - klar, da wurde auch ich neugierig. Da ich noch so viele Guthaben bei audible.de übrig hatte, dachte ich mir, ich lade mir die Geschichte einfach runter. Da ich inzwischen deutlich besser mit Hörbücher klar komme, brauche ich mir da keine Gedanken machen, ob mir die schriftliche oder die gelesene Version besser gefällt. Doch kann ich das erste Jugendbuch von Cecelia Ahern genau so loben, wie all die anderen? Das erfahrt ihr jetzt:

I could have read this book in 1 day if I could have kept my eyes open last night to finish it. It was deeply moving to me and showed me what bullying is like when taken to the extreme in a society, to the point where some people in society are seen a less-than-human and have their rights taken away and their lives severely restricted over lapse of judgment or thought different from the accepted norm. I felt the anger and the frustration of the Flawed and those who questioned the morality of the society but were afraid to speak up in fear of being declared "Flawed." A great dystopian novel that O would highly recommend to all especially young adults and dystopian readers. I am looking forward to the sequel that is coming out soon.

In this stunning novel, bestselling author Cecelia Ahern depicts a society in which perfection is paramount and mistakes are punished. And when one young woman decides to take a stand that could cost her everything.Cecilia Ahern, deixou para trás "P.S. Amo-te" e os seus acólitos, para escrever nem imaginam o quê?!...

She is imprisoned, literally branded on her body and made to wear an arm patch with a big capital F on it, so all of society will know of her disgrace. They are pushing for a more equal society, ridding it of the old Perfect versus Flawed mentality. The rebels have grabbed onto Celestine's story and are using her as a sort of figurehead for their movement. Remember this.And she's just as boring and spiritless as that quote indicates. This book is dull, bland, and yet another prime example of failed YA dystopia. It was inoffensive, if you can call, a nonsensical dystopian future and a standard love triangle inoffensive, among its other faults. Before starting her writing and producing career, she obtained a degree in journalism and media communications from Griffith College Dublin, but withdrew from a master's degree course to pursue her writing career. [2] Ok, I can see why people would compare it to the Reached series but just because it has a similar base point I find it pretty different. I loved Reached but the last 2 books were horrendous so I hope the sequels will be good on Flawed.Not a win for me on this occasion, which is a shame as there is a huge gap in the YA Dystopian reading market at the moment.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop