Tai-Pan: The Second Novel of the Asian Saga

Tai-Pan: The Second Novel of the Asian Saga

RRP: £12.99
Price: £6.495
£6.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Rosenfield, Paul (19 April 1981). "AUTHOR JAMES CLAVELL: A LEGEND IN HIS OWN TIME". Los Angeles Times. p.L5. Chinese mentality) Save a man from dying, then you yourself are responsible for him for the rest of the man’s life. That’s fair. Because if you interfere with the will of the gods, you must be prepared to assume their responsibility Wilf Tillman – American trader and partner to Jeff Cooper. Guardian to Shevaun Tillman. Advocate of slavery. Aristotle Quance – painter and hedonist, always in debt. The Struan family own several of his paintings. DAVID T. FRIENDLY (1986-11-13). "Reagans on 'Soul Man': Thumbs Up". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on 2012-11-03 . Retrieved 2012-08-23.

Tai-Pan by James Clavell | Waterstones

Roger Moore became briefly attached, with John Guillermin mentioned as director of a possible mini-series. However finance could not be arranged. Moore said: "If it's offered to me again I'll do it". Quite frankly, it's one of the best scripts I've ever read". [16] For a time Sean Connery was mooted as star for director Martin Ritt. "I've always wanted Sean to do it", said Clavell. [17]

Sextant = instrument used for measuring the angular distances between objects and especially for taking altitudes in navigation and surveying. “Without this beauty we’d be lost. You’ve heard of Captain Cook? He used the first one, and proved it, sixty years ago.” Warga, Wayne (4 April 1969). "JAMES CLAVELL: Filmdom's Do-It-Yourselfer". Los Angeles Times. p.h13. Orlanda Ramos: the half-Portuguese, half-Chinese Orlanda Ramos was given to Quillan Gornt as mu-jai, a gift given by a debtor (her father) to his creditor (Gornt) to settle his account. Gornt paid for her education until she was 18, at which time she became his mistress. Orlanda entertains Linc Bartlett during his time in Hong Kong, and the question arises as to whether she is truly interested in the CEO of Par-Con or merely seducing Bartlett into taking Gornt's side against the Noble House. Bartlett's growing attachment to Orlanda causes a great deal of tension between himself and Casey but he continues to be completely drawn to her in spite of any imminent danger.

Tai-Pan: The Second Novel of the Asian Saga (The - WHSmith

Chinese customs, polygamy, a romance worthy of Shakespeare, and a really hard to guess ending Historical & Geopolitical setting:Large restaurant and quite full on a Saturday evening. Not too noisy, so able to have a conversation without needing to speak loudly. Chinese Manners) “It was the height of Chinese decorum to pretend to the host that the food was so good that one could eat no more, even though both host and guest knew they would continue to eat ravenously.” Tai Pan– Supreme Leader. Wikipedia will tell you that Clavell translates Tai-Pan as “Supreme Leader”. Although, “Big Shot” might be more accurate. The more globally widespread tycoon is common today. Pox on that modest – I’m honest, Tai-Pan. Chinese are honest. Why for should I not appreciate me? And you. I enjoy you, like you me. Stupid to pretend na.”

Tai-Pan (novel) - Wikipedia

Gordon Chen – Dirk Struan's Eurasian son by a Chinese mistress and secret head of the first Hong Kong triad About Democracy) “Yes. It’s a great and glorious experiment, one fit for the splendid attributes of your country, sir. But it’s not suitable for all nations. Wasn’t it the ancient Greeks who came to the conclusion that the most perfect form of government was a benevolent dictatorship? The rule of one man?” Saw the Chinese shop on driving past and decided to go in for a meal as usually restaurants linked to Chinese supermarkets are very good quality. Casey Tcholok: Kamalian Ciranoush (K.C.) Tcholok, vice-President of Par-Con Industries. Casey is charged with putting together a partnership deal with Struan's, a deal which is critical to save Struan's from ruin. In the meantime, Bartlett is exploring doing the deal with Struan's rival Quillan Gornt.The panorama was vast. Awesomely beautiful. The sun high in the blue sky and the Pacific sea a blue-green carpet. Brown-green mountains of the islands were jutting from the sea carpet, Pokliu Chau to the southwest; Lan Tao, the huge island, bigger than Hong Kong, fifteen miles westward” The film was directed by Daryl Duke and starred Bryan Brown, who had worked together on The Thorn Birds. In 1837, Jin-qua arranged for May–May, his favourite granddaughter, to become Dirk Struan's mistress. She was secretly assigned the task of teaching "the green-eyed devil" Struan "civilised" (Chinese) ways.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop