Learning Resources Colours & Shapes Sensory Pad, Reusable Sensory Bag for Kids, Fine Motor Skills Toy, 16 Fine Motor Activities, 24 Plastic Shapes, Ages 3+

£8.745
FREE Shipping

Learning Resources Colours & Shapes Sensory Pad, Reusable Sensory Bag for Kids, Fine Motor Skills Toy, 16 Fine Motor Activities, 24 Plastic Shapes, Ages 3+

RRP: £17.49
Price: £8.745
£8.745 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Or, when he would bounce on a big green yoga ball in our living room before dinner so he wasn’t hopping out of his chair every three seconds. Or, gross motor skills like jumping, climbing a ladder, or riding a bike. This stimulation of our senses can even effect how our children read!

Chair Alarm Sensor Pad | Health and Care Chair Alarm Sensor Pad | Health and Care

Sequin Flip Pillow– Have you ever felt sequin flip fabric? It’s addicting and feels incredibly soft. But half the fixation is in the magic of watching it repeatedly change colors. Kids can also hug this while getting lots of tactile and visual stimulation. The pad is easily used on chairs, sofas or wheelchairs to ensure that a patient is safe wherever they are, and along with the Fall Alarm Monitor, makes for an extremely versatile piece of equipment to use in different care situations. Sizing of the Chair Sensor Pad

Because, when our kids are busy trying to get the sensations they like, it distracts their brain from everything else it needs to be doing, like: Sensory Tent– Pop up a small tent and throw some blankets and pillows inside and you’ve got a simple sensory tent. When your child has a special place to retreat to, it can help them shut out all of the sensations that may be too overwhelming. And, you can put some of their other calming sensory toys inside. Head over to How to Create A Sensory Tentto learn more. Learn 3 Expert Secrets (from me as an OT and mom) to calm and focus your child with specialized sensory activities! Get a free spot here and some awesome printables. Colorful Spinning Tops– These sensory toys give both visual and tactile input when you spin them, all while you’re working on strengthening fine motor skills.

Sensory Direct Weighted Lap Pad - 1kg, For School, At Home Sensory Direct Weighted Lap Pad - 1kg, For School, At Home

Climbing pegs– If you have a climber, you may want to consider adding some climbing pegs to your swing set or a wall in your house! Seriously people, do this. How cool would that be? Whatever you answer yes to is a clue as to what your child will use and get benefit out of. Of course, some kids have sensory sensitivities, and slowly encouraging them to use sensory toys as tools that move, feel different, or make sounds can desensitize them and lead to a better sense of well being and feeling grounded, secure, and regulated. Balance Beam– Besides balance, every time your child figures out how to walk across this, they’re also working on some higher level brain activity stuff. They have to shift their weight and repeatedly cross the mid-line of their body. If that all sounds too technical, know that this is awesome for their development! That’s why when kids get the sensations they need through sensory activities and toys, it helps them do everything they need to do.Ideal for exploring sound and music- perhaps follow along with a nursery rhyme or musical piece? Encourages group work with each person having their own note. Shaker Eggs– Babies and toddlers will love getting a reaction to their movement when they shake these eggs about. They’re small enough to fit in the tiniest hands!

Sensor Pad | Health and Care Fall Savers Chair Sensor Pad | Health and Care

Ball Pit– Besides being lots of fun, ball pits give lots of that deep pressure input. Remember, for most kids, that equals calm! Vibrating Hand and Mouth Jigglers– Vibration is strong sensory input. Your kid can use these to hold, rub on their arms or legs, and even bite on!Before we get started, it's important to put the crash pad in a clear space and always have adult supervision. Sensory toys can also be used for kids that are overstimulated and need a break when the world has just been a little too much. These types of sensory toys are perfect before bedtime, after an overwhelming activity, or before a difficult task:

Sensory Cushions | Sensory Wedge Cushions | Sensory Direct

Second, sensory toys can help give a child the sensations they want. For instance, my son loves to climb up the banister of our stairs, it’s a bit dangerous and I’m not even sure the railing can hold him before it ends up snapping. I can see that he needs to get this physical input, but I can’t allow him to continue. However, a sensory toy can give him those same sensations he’s trying to give himself in a safe way! Roller Coaster Ride On Ramp– This is for the older toddler, as the recommended ages are 2 to 5. But, I had to include it because if your toddler seeks out movement, this gives them a ton of it fast. Weighed Lap Pad– A weighted lap pad is basically a small heavy pillow that a child can lay across their lap. This also gives the deep pressure sensation that is relaxing to a lot of kids. Get more info withthe weighted lap pad guide. Vibrating teethers– Remember that vibration is one of the strongest types of sensory input? Well, use this teether when your child bites down. Fantastic oral sensory stimulation that can actually help them eat better!Baby Ball Pit– All the same benefits of the bigger ball pit, but one small enough for young one’s to easily climb in and out of. Light Up Spinner Wand– Calling all light lovers! This spinner is portable, so it can easily be thrown in your purse or the car – if it helps your child calm down in the middle of Target. Or, when my oldest son, covered his bare arms, hands, and belly with finger paints at 13 months old and it helped develop his ability to eat and readily explore different textures in a fun way. As an occupational therapist, I knew this sensory play and the sensory toys were having a big impact on their brain! Rody the Bouncy Horse– I have a love affair with Rody! We’ve had ours for 6 years and he is a strong little horse. This guy is perfect for bouncing and expending a lot of energy!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop