Do Not Open PS4

Do Not Open PS4

RRP: £19.99
Price: £9.995
£9.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Old School Survival Horror: Designed around the true survival horror values of vulnerability and fear –with mechanics such as permadeath and an emphasis on hiding instead of fighting. Do Not Open follows the story of Michael Goreng, a zoologist who, after finding out his Aunt Judith has committed suicide, finds himself trapped inside a horrific rendition of her home. He awakens in a grimy basement, separated from his wife and daughter. Stalked by a malevolent being, and slowly losing his grip on reality, he seeks to reunite with his loved ones and escape. As I’ve already mentioned, Do Not Open is a survival horror with escape room mechanics where the aim of the game is to escape Judith’s manor. After escaping the first room, which acts as a mini-tutorial, the player will find themselves in the entranceway of the manor with a number of doors to go through.

Do Not Open Review – GameSpew

Freed from the basement of the house after solving the first puzzle, you’re then free to enter numerous doors, though you’ll end up in the next puzzle room regardless – your door choice doesn’t really matter. While much of Do Not Open is randomised, the puzzles themselves remain fixed in each featured room. In the dance room, for example, you’ll be trying to work out which colour is associated with each symbol so you can play the correct notes on a piano, but each time you enter they’ll be randomised to keep you on your toes. It sounds ambitious and interesting – and the kind of thing we’d like to enjoy with PSVR2, for sure. Is this on your radar at all? Freak out in the comments section below. For those unfamiliar with Do Not Open, you’re tasked with visiting an old childhood home of a recently deceased Aunt, who in her passing, has left the house to you. In a predictable turn of events, the inheritance isn’t a particularly straight forward one, and you wake up in a dingy basement with no recollection of how you got there, how to get out or where your daughter and wife have gone. There were genuine moments of terror during my playthrough, half of it from the tense and creepy environment, which is gorgeously lit and well crafted, the other half trying to figure out the puzzle before the almost inevitable screeching and grabbing by the aforementioned figure.I almost gave up entirely, but I decided to wait for the delayed day one patch to drop before passing judgement, and thankfully, it fixed all the problems I had been having. I even noticed a few extra cosmetic details, accessibility options, and the ability to skip cutscenes had all been added in. If you’re only interested in receiving the newest games this is the box for you; guaranteeing only the latest games! Buy New Releases Box »

DO NOT OPEN | Hide or Solve - Full Game Walkthrough (Scary DO NOT OPEN | Hide or Solve - Full Game Walkthrough (Scary

Missable trophies: “Mike would have done better”, “Not funny at all”, “Easy target”, and “By the skin of your teeth” I enjoyed the music and sound effects though. They do a stellar job at creating tension as you make your way through Judith’s manor, especially the thumping that takes place whenever our demonic monster gets closer. There were certainly a few times when it had my heart racing.

To me, the graphics were a bit of a mixed bag. The in-game graphics were solid, for the most part. The manor itself was fairly detailed, leaning heavily onto the stereotypical haunted house aesthetic with all the dirt, dust and ominous messages on the wall, but the character models and cutscene graphics looked more like they belonged to a PS2-era game rather than one launching straight on the PS5. Whether you choose to play through in the game’s standard mode or the escape room mode, which includes a timer, at some point in each room, that malevolent being I mentioned earlier will barge in and start hunting you down, and this was my least favourite part of the game. I appreciated the added tension from a high-stake chase, but it was incredibly frustrating to complete the puzzles and have escape in sight, only to be caught at the last second, especially when the solutions to the puzzles change each time you die. Dance Room (Press R2 when in this area to see how much time you have until the monster enters the area. It is only 10 minutes maximum. Break any barriers on any doors as you more than likely need these to be removed to be successful in this area.) One part survival horror, one part escape room, Do Not Open by Nox Noctis has an exciting premise that caught my attention from the get-go. Unfortunately, when I first booted it up, I found myself unable to leave the very first room. I had solved the puzzle and triggered the in-game dialogue, but the door I was supposed to open just wouldn’t cooperate, no matter how many times I restarted and reinstalled the game. This review of Do Not Open is based on the PS5 version, with a code provided by the game’s publisher. It’s available on PS5 and PC.

DO NOT OPEN | PS5 - Early Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1 (Scary DO NOT OPEN | PS5 - Early Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1 (Scary

Venture into a land haunted by the souls of the dead from the fierce and deadly Battle of South Mountain during the Civil War and an infamous witch hunt. And struggle to escape the “fictitious” house of Elly Kedward (better known as Blair Witch), a house you are trapped in, as you search for your wife and daughter. Later you’ll be introduced to the supernatural horrors present in the dilapidated house, which include ghosts, deformed figures and a truly horrifying feminine like figure that is hunting you whilst you try to put together the puzzles and escape. If she catches you, you end up having to restart the section, hence the potential frustration, especially when components of the puzzle shift with every death. So another take on the Blair Witch Project? I'm kind of excited but people have struggled to match the original movie's feel. Bloober Team struggled a bit from what I saw so I hope they can do a better job. I might have given it a go if not for the stealth though. That’s just tedious to me in any game unfortunately.Welcome to the trophy guide for Do Not Open. This can also be considered a walkthrough and may be used for PlayStation 4, 5, Xbox One, Series X and Steam. Achievements for Steam and Xbox are in almost all cases the same as the PlayStation 4/5 Trophies. A roadmap is provided in the stages below.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop