A is for Alibi (Kinsey Millhone Alphabet series, 1)

£4.995
FREE Shipping

RRP: £9.99
Price: £4.995
£4.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

To ensure all information is accurate and of value to you, we’ve designed a production system and a content review process that keeps this content close to the source and as factual as possible. The writing style puts in enjoyable humor in serious situations, but it's mainly kept to the point and focused on the story at hand.

Divorced and eager to help solve crimes for the underdog, even if she doesn't go to those cases intentionally, her thorough skills show a mystery where the clues are solved by actual logical work and not just nifty clue falling into her lap like most mysteries do. I pulled the coffeepot from the bottom of the file cabinet and filled it from the Sparkletts water bottle behind the door. I enjoy her independence and the fact that although she's tough on the outside, she isn't all that tough on the inside and can empathize with her clients, regardless of how unsavory some of them may seem. So, Kinsey is a private investigator who is looking into an old murder after the person who was wrongfully convicted gets out of prison. After the publication of "G" Is for Gumshoe, Grafton was able to quit her screenwriting job and focus on her writing.As Kinsey digs deeper, she learns that Laurence had an affair with a woman named Libby Glass, who was his secretary at the time of his murder. I thought of myself as suitably progressive when the novel described the main character wanting to date a guy, and putting on pantyhose.

So excellent so far - all the best ingredients of a mystery including a business partner, a bitter ex-wife, a pair of dysfunctional children and a blackmailing secretary. It also appeared as a separate pamphlet given to attendees at Malice Domestic 2011 conference, where Grafton was recognized for Lifetime Achievement.Sure, there’s a murder—well, multiple ones actually—and there’s a case of insurance fraud that Kinsey investigates, but it all proved a bit simpler than I would have liked.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop