Even If It Was Just Once, I Regret It Vol. 1 (I Can't Believe I Slept With You!)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Even If It Was Just Once, I Regret It Vol. 1 (I Can't Believe I Slept With You!)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The two make quite the pair because Koduka’s (supposedly) straight and has no intention of repeating their night of passion, but it turns out that Landlady has no intention of doing so either. Which might seem weird, except these are layered characters that spend literally 90% of the volume in an apartment and are still really interesting. Although landlady Hara’s feelings are obvious from the beginning, Chiyo questions her feelings a lot, as she’s sure she’s straight. Throughout the first volume we see her assumptions about sexuality questioned, and we hope there’ll be more time to explore this in the next few volumes, too. 2. Consent Matters! The following morning, it becomes clear that they did indeed follow through on this, since the landlady sets up a “rent reduction agreement” for Chiyo, indicating that if Chiyo will do her 21 “favours”— one for every 10,000 yen she owes — she will write off the debt completely. And, since a now-sober Chiyo is exhibiting a certain amount of regret for her actions the previous evening, those favours don’t even need to be sexual in nature. The series is licensed for an English release in North America by Seven Seas Entertainment. [6] No.

For most of I Can’t Believe I Slept With You! the landlady comes across as a likeable but deadpan sort of character; she’s open about her preferences and bluntly honest to a fault, but we see occasional hints of her vulnerability when she’s alone, such as the conclusion of a chapter where she’s crouching on the floor muttering the unfinished thought “straight people are so…”

What follows is a rather touching story about the struggles of adulthood when things haven’t quite gone the way you expect them to. Through Chiyo, I Can’t Believe I Slept With You! explores the idea of how, when you get yourself into a difficult or seemingly “impossible” situation as a grown adult — old enough to “know better”, as it were — it’s hard to ask for help, even when it’s obvious that you need it. Friedman, Erica (February 21, 2022). "I Can't Believe I Slept With You, Volume 1". Okazu . Retrieved July 10, 2023. Unable to pay the three months’ rent she owes, she (perhaps unwisely) says that she will “do anything” for the landlady. And the landlady, without missing a beat, indicates that if Chiyo was willing to have sex with her, they could probably come to some sort of arrangement. Nov 20 From the U.S. to Japan, You Can Control the Life-Size Moving Gundam from the Comfort of Your Own Home The original (and direct) translation of Ichido Dake Demo, Koukai Shitemasu’s title is Even If It Was Just Once, I Regret It. That’s a much more accurate title for the characters and their relationship in this yuri rom-com drama. Still, with its smooth combination of slice-of-life cuteness and the introspective consideration of sexuality, I Can’t Believe I Slept With You! (to use the current title) is a fun and thoughtful delight.

I've decided to try and see how risque a few "usually in sealed bags at Barnes and Noble" manga are, but under the stipulation I can get them through the public library. I Can't Believe I Slept With You was a title I saw on the shelf at a local bookstore. Paging through it briefly, I realized it was yuri (manga focusing on romantic/sexual relationships between women) and thought I'd add it to my test. This is the third title I tested. From a personal perspective, I found this side of I Can’t Believe I Slept With You! to be exceedingly relatable. Having lived through one failed marriage (my present one is just fine, thanks very much) whose complete breakdown coincided with a period of unemployment, I’ve been almost exactly where Chiyo is at the outset of I Can’t Believe I Slept With You! — broke, feeling utterly worthless and terrified of the prospect of doing even the most simple necessities alone. Review: I Can't Believe I Slept With You! GN 1". Anime News Network. March 30, 2022 . Retrieved July 10, 2023. Could a regretful one-night stand blossom into an actual relationship? And what difficulties lie in a relationship where one party isn’t even sure of their own persuasion? I Can’t Believe I Slept With You manages to propose this question and begin exploring its answer all while maintaining a sweet charm that errs on the side of comedy more so than drama. Landlady is not straight and very up front about that, but, while she certainly did the deed with Koduka, she turns out to have a lot of regret (and general melancholy about the loneliness her orientation has caused her). And it might just be that she’s after something more than sex (we actually know this pretty early on). There’s a lot of hinting that the reason Landlady regrets the sex is because her feelings run a lot deeper and the offer might have been an opening she took, to her own dismay.Nov 25 i☆Ris the Movie - Full Energy!! - Anime Film Teaser Visual Revealed at i☆Ris Live Stage in Anime NYC & i☆Ris First Performance in New York Successfully Completed Written and illustrated by Miyako Miyahara, I Can't Believe I Slept With You!, was serialized in ASCII Media Works' shōnen manga magazine Dengeki Daioh from June 27, 2019, to February 26, 2021. [2] [3] The series was collected in three tankōbon volumes from January 2020 to March 2021. [4] [5] a b c d e f "Series: I Can't Believe I Slept With You!". Seven Seas Entertainment. Seven Seas Entertainment . Retrieved July 10, 2023.

I Can’t Believe I Slept With You! ( 一度だけでも、後悔してます。, Ichido Dake Demo, Kōkai Shitemasu.) is a Japanese yuri manga series written and illustrated by Miyako Miyahara. The manga was serialized in ASCII Media Works' monthly shōnen manga magazine Dengeki Daioh from June 2019 to February 2021. The story follows Koduka Chiyo after she has a one-night stand with her landlady.

Hazra, Adriana (July 3, 2021). "Seven Seas Entertainment Adds 7 New Manga, 2 Light Novels". Anime News Network . Retrieved July 10, 2023.

I Can’t Believe I Slept With You isn’t the first yuri manga to explore the concept of uncertain sexuality and attraction among queer couples — Tsukiatte agete mo ii ka na (How Do We Relationship?) springs to mind — but it’s wonderful to see more yuri stories approach lesbian relationships from a questioning angle.

Success!

For her part, it’s clear that Hara is lonely and confused. She struggles with female friendship, fearing that she’ll inevitably end up attracted to someone and end up hurt or rejected. A few instances throughout the volume suggest Hara has been on the receiving end of homophobic judgement before, and that she genuinely wants a passionate relationship but struggles to find the right person. She clearly took advantage of Chiyo’s situation to fulfill her own desires, but she also regrets that decision, especially since her feelings for Chiyo seem to run deep. There’s a power imbalance in I Can’t Believe I Slept With You. It’s notably reversed from the usual societal structure, since Chiyo is five years older than her landlady, but Hara maintains the power over her thanks to her position. It’s always great to see a yuri book that doesn’t shy away from lesbian issues and Landlady has an absolutely awkward encounter at the mall that features some nasty prejudice (beware the well-meaning, yet ignorant high school acquaintance) and features Koduka both standing up for a friend, yet also being forced to confront some truths about herself.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop