DEWALT DCS391N-XJ XR 165 mm Circular Saw-Bare Unit, 9 W, 18 V, Yellow/Black

DEWALT DCS391N-XJ XR 165 mm Circular Saw-Bare Unit, 9 W, 18 V, Yellow/Black

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I honestly can’t understand why DeWalt would put the dust extractor where they did. If you’re planning on working indoors with this saw, it’s going to make a mess whether you’re using a dust extractor or not. Circular saws are wonderfully versatile tools, especially when you cut the cables and go cordless. The ideal job for any circular saw is making cross cuts in constructional timber, so I started testing with CLS that measured 37 x 135 mm. After several weeks of testing the DeWalt DCS391 Circular Saw out against regular construction timber, hard oak and even a bit of super tough Iroko, I’m almost a DeWalt convert. It’s hard to fault the grip, power and handling you get from this cordless saw. It’s a premium product with just a few problems. DeWalt have gone down the premium route when it comes to the baseplate. It’s made from cast magnesium, which is light as well as incredibly tough. Magnesium shoes are usually the most expensive option on a circular saw, as it’s lighter than steel and more durable than aluminium. US tool brand DeWalt are nearing their 100 th birthday, and in that time, they’ve done a lot for the professional and DIY tool market. Inventing the radial arm saw is just one of their proud achievements, and their range of powerful XR battery powered tools are some of the best on the market.

The rip cuts I made into some softwood board were surprisingly easy. I didn’t expect this performance from a lightweight battery operated saw. The guide rail is marked with measurements and feels solid enough when clamped down as well. It leaves a nice thin kerf and was easy to push through the timber. Keyless bevel angle and depth of cut adjustment with easy to read scale for maximum cordless versatility The DeWalt DSC391N Circular saw is supplied body only. A 165mm blade combined with 3700rpm powerful motor means this 18v cordless circular saw will make light work of any cutting job.

Part of the intelligent XR Lithium Ion Series designed for efficiency and making applications faster The problems with the dust extractor placement don’t stop there unfortunately. When plugged into a dust extractor hose, there’s barely enough room left for your hand on the handle! I’m surprised at this design decision as it’s not very user friendly or well thought out. And if you’re a left handed user, it’s virtually impossible.

The DeWalt DCS391 is one of the best lightweight circular saws you can buy. It fills the gap between using a heavy duty table saw and wearing out your arm with a regular panel saw. Incredible balance, comfort and performance are just three things that this saw has got going for itself. Ultra thin kerf 165 mm, 24 tooth carbide-tipped blade allows for efficient run time and fast, smooth cut finish at maximum 55 mm depth of cut The blade that comes with this saw is the DT1209. It’s designed to work specifically with the DCS391 and is optimised for cross cutting. But rip cuts (where you cut along the grain of the wood) are a big part of any challenge, so I also set the saw up to cut along the length of constructional timber using a fence.If DeWalt were to fix this dust port issue and upgrade the motor to a brushless one, I’d probably rate it higher than the brilliant Makita DHS680Z. It cuts through timber so easily and confidently, that if you already own DeWalt batteries, this is a no-brainer to get hold of. I’ve got a love/hate relationship going with the bevel adjustment on this saw. I’m a huge fan of the fact that it marks out each degree from 0 – 50°. That’s brilliant for when you need to make an odd bevel cut. It’s DeWalt are well known for their saws. And I’ll say it right now, the DeWalt DCS391 Circular Saw is one of the best battery powered circular saws I’ve ever laid hands on. It’s just so easy to use and a joy to handle. It makes crosscuts through soft and hard woods without complaining, and even beats the excellent Makita DHS680Z when it comes to rip cuts. Ultra thin kerf 165mm 24tooth carbide tipped blade allowing for efficient run time and fast, smooth cut finish allowing 55mm depth of cut

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop