Sex Offender: My Father's Secrets, My Secret Shame

Sex Offender: My Father's Secrets, My Secret Shame

RRP: £27.95
Price: £13.975
£13.975 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Pilkington, Ed (April 26, 2011). "Church of Scientology snaps up Hollywood film studio". Guardian.co.uk. Guardian News and Media Limited . Retrieved June 12, 2011.

Zaccuri, Alessandro (2000). Citazioni pericolose: il cinema come critica letteraria[ Dangerous Quotes: Cinema as Literary Criticism] (in Italian). Fazi Editore. p.259. ISBN 8881121417. For much of the 1920s and 1930s, Hubbard lived in Washington D.C., and he would later claim to have interacted with multiple psychiatrists in the city. [22] Hubbard described encounters in 1923 and 1930 with navy psychiatrist Joseph Thompson. [23] [24] Thompson was controversial within the American psychiatric community for his support of lay analysis, the practice of psychoanalysis by those without medical degrees. Hubbard also recalled interacting with William Alanson White, supervisor of the D.C. psychiatric hospital St. Elizabeth's. [25] [26] [27] According to Hubbard, both White and Thompson had regarded his athleticism and disinterest in psychology as signs of a good prognosis. [28] Hubbard later claimed to have been trained by both Thompson and White. [29] Hubbard also discussed his interactions at Chestnut Lodge, a D.C.-area facility specializing in schizophrenia, repeatedly complaining that their staff misdiagnosed an unnamed individual with the condition:Defections, court fights test Scientology". Associated Press. November 1, 2009 . Retrieved February 14, 2011. The basic content of Dianetics was a retelling of Psychoanalytic theory geared for a mass market English-speaking audience. Like Freud, Hubbard taught that the brain recorded memories (or "engrams") which were stored in the unconscious mind (which Hubbbard restyled "the reactive mind"). Past memories could be triggered later in life, causing psychological, emotional, or even physical problems. By sharing their memories with a friendly listener (or " auditor"), a person could overcome their past pain and thus cure themselves. Through Dianetics, Hubbard claimed that most illnesses were psychosomatic and caused by engrams, including arthritis, dermatitis, allergies, asthma, coronary difficulties, eye trouble, bursitis, ulcers, sinusitis and migraine headaches. He further claimed that dianetic therapy could treat these illnesses, and also included cancer and diabetes as conditions that Dianetic research was focused on. [98] Hubbard conducting a Dianetics seminar in Los Angeles in 1950. Ortega, Tony (July 31, 2019). " 'Strange Angel' goes there, teases Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard at season end". The Underground Bunker. Hall, Timothy L. American religious leaders, p. 175. New York: Infobase Publishing, 2003. ISBN 978-0-8160-4534-1

Lawrence, Sara. (April 18, 2006) "The Secrets of Scientology". The Independent. Retrieved February 17, 2011. After trying and failing for two years to regain my equilibrium in civil life, I am utterly unable to approach anything like my own competence. My last physician informed me that it might be very helpful if I were to be examined and perhaps treated psychiatrically or even by a psychoanalyst. Toward the end of my service I avoided out of pride any mental examinations, hoping that time would balance a mind which I had every reason to suppose was seriously affected. I cannot account for nor rise above long periods of moroseness and suicidal inclinations, and have newly come to realize that I must first triumph above this before I can hope to rehabilitate myself at all. ... I cannot, myself, afford such treatment. Sappell, Joel; Welkos, Robert (June 24, 1990). "The Mind Behind the Religion: Life With L. Ron Hubbard". Los Angeles Times, retrieved February 20, 2011. Ortega, Tony (March 13, 2023). "Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard's 112th birthday: What's your favorite tall tale of his?". Owen argues that Hubbard likely suffered from venereal disease, writing: "Sulfa drugs were used in treatment but in excess could cause bloody urine, something which Hubbard's shipmate Thomas Moulton saw him passing on at least one occasion. Hubbard himself later complained about the amount of sulfa he had been fed in the Navy. Former Scientology spokesman Robert Vaughn Young claims that Hubbard's private papers refer to him having caught gonorrhoea from a girlfriend named Fern, which forced him to secretly take sulfa."The kid’s group has been so successful. We’ve heard from the parents and caregivers how it’s helped them. Talking about the caregivers, we also have a group for caregivers. There are a lot of times when a parent or family member is taken into the prison system, and the kids might not have somebody to take care of them. They might go to a grandmother, aunt, uncle, another family member or even go into foster care. The caregivers’ group is important. Neela, can you tell us a little bit about that group? DOX: Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard's nutty scheme to strong-arm America's psychologists «The Underground Bunker". tonyortega.org. Rothstein, Mikael (2007). "Scientology, scripture and sacred traditions". In Lewis, James R.; Hammer, Olav (eds.). The invention of sacred tradition. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-86479-4. OCLC 154706390. Battlefield Earth (1982), a novel set in the year 3000 when humanity has become an endangerous species, it tells the story of tribesman Johnny Goodboy Tyler who leads humanity in rebellion against the Psychlos, an evil alien race.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop