FREE Shipping

Giro

RRP: £229.99
Price: £114.995
£114.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

It didn't make my head too hot, it's not ridiculously heavy, and the eye shield system is excellent. l'intérieur du Vanquish se trouve une doublure en EPS à stratification progressive, et notre célèbre système RocLoc® Air s'intègre parfaitement à la technologie MIPS pour améliorer le confort et la puissance de refroidissement tout en offrant une mesure de protection supplémentaire. The inclusion of MIPS and those two EPS foam liners would suggest a weighty number, but the Eclipse Spherical comes in at 277g on our scales for a medium.

Even by WorldTour standards the Eclipse Spherical is an expensive helmet but, in terms of overall performance, it’s equally outstanding. There is one issue I have with the Vanquish and whilst it might be relatively trivial to many it is the proverbial fly in the ointment for me.When it first arrived, the squared off shaping and awkward split personality styling reminded me of a Horseshoe Crab (look it up). Giro has combined its own Roc Loc Air fit system with MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) for added comfort and safety. It’s worth noting, though, that the straps aren’t removable for washing, as on the Scott Centric Plus for example, and a chinstrap isn’t provided.

In a crash, the Mips system is designed to move slightly inside the helmet to help redirect forces away from the head. Le Vanquish™ MIPS® est le summum des casques aérodynamiques de route haute performance, avec le design innovant TransformAir™ qui rationalise optimise activement le flux d'air. One thing that surprised me is Giro's claim that you get better cooling efficiency with the eye shield attached than without it. The field of view is expansive both above and off to the sides, there’s almost no distortion — my biggest complaint with other shields I’ve tried — and the fancy Zeiss tint seemed to work as advertised.The rear retention dial is easy to reach, though we wish it was just a bit bigger for adjustments (especially with sweaty hands). The In-Mold Construction combines a strong polycarbonate outer shell with shock absorbing helmet padding. If you’re all about the air-con though it’s still not quite as airy as the outstandingly cool Aether with its ‘Aura’ reinforcing arches allowing massive vent volume.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop