Hide Her Name: The Four Streets Trilogy

Hide Her Name: The Four Streets Trilogy

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

One final query - Simon change brands for obvious reasons - almost as an aside -- but then apparently changed back again? But there's more than one reference to blue and white Panda police cars which did not appear on the streets until the mid 1960's.

She trained as a nurse, then followed with a successful career in which she established and then sold her own business. This was the first of this series I had tried and the attitude of some of the priests and nuns is so absolutely what I can imagine. HIDE HER NAME is the gripping sequel to Nadine Dorries's first bestseller, THE FOUR STREETS, shot through with darkness, but also filled with humour, warmth and charm. The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network. Her mother, Maura, and best friend Nellie's grandmother decide the girls must be spirited away to Ireland to await the birth of the baby.Again, the events of the book are still with me days after finishing them they were such a compelling read and I cannot recommend it enough. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. My books are based on the streets of Liverpool, or in the Liverpool hospitals where I trained as a nurse, or at one of my favourite places in the world, the west coast of Ireland.

As for the nuns and priests, even though there are often media reports of the wrongdoinsg of the priesthood, mostly in the past, I find it hard to believe in any civilised country the abbey nuns could have treated the girls so badly. By completing your purchase, you agree to Audible's Conditions of Use and authorise Audible to charge your designated card or any other card on file. My only concern was that at times I found it hard to believe this was the early sixties as it seemed to be more 50's. The characters are engaging, the streets scenes cinematic and the theme of the novel powerful' The Times . It follows on from the four streets and it isn't just a story, it involves a typical Irish close knit community and the problems that go along side it!I too, grew up in this era (and in a catholic community), but we were not so naive or vulnerable as this community is portrayed. As a child, my Irish grandmother, Nellie Deane, would often whisk me away to her rural village on the west coast of Ireland and immerse me in the scent of raw peat and Holy Smoke.

She has been MP for Mid Bedfordshire since 2005, and is presently serving as Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport. I thoroughly enjoyed the first book and read it in a couple of days and I became totally absorbed by the story and the characters. I find it hard to imagine how the families could have so many children whilst so poor, but then I am not Catholic. She spent part of her childhood living on a farm with her grandmother, and attended school in a small remote village in the west of Ireland.The story makes for uncomfortable reading in places but is so well written you just have to read on. In the Four Streets in Liverpool, a dreadful murder has been committed, and 14-year-old Kitty Doherty is pregnant with the dead man's child. Apart from that, it was both entertaining and very informative regarding the Catholic church and the Irish community in Liverpool and their reasons for wanting to go to America. I also was so glad that "Kitty" found her inner strength and herself, as I was dreading her crumbling under the cruelty of the regime in the laundry run by the nuns. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.

In the Four Streets in Liverpool, a dreadful murder has been committed, and 14-year-old Kitty Doherty is pregnant with the dead man’s child.I echo everything thats been said by other five star reviews and applaud this author's talent for the fine interweaving of all the threads involved. The inevitable time spent by Kitty at the convent was brilliantly conveyed - but I still want to know what happened to the escapee. Like the first book, The Four Streets, the story covers the lives of families living in The Four Streets area of Liverpool. After listening to 'The Four Streets', I had to know more and find out what happens next in the lives of the characters.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop