Crap Taxidermy

Crap Taxidermy

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Not only does Kat Su provide an interesting and humorous -- or depressing, depending on your view of the world -- array of crazy taxidermy, but she also includes step-by-step instructions for stuffing a mouse on your own. Not something I'd want to do, but a nice addition for a book on taxidermy! Crap Taxidermy makes the promise of an entertaining and comedic read concerning distasteful and terribly positioned taxidermist “art”. The author starts off by explaining that taxidermy can come in two speeds: well done, and crap – you can guess which the book focuses on. Regardless of the author’s note that the book does not mean to be disrespectful, but rather shine a humorous light on the strange and unique works. The author includes quite a few photos: all of which are high-definition and full color.

But even for those of us who don’t necessarily enjoy the idea of killing animals for the sake of impressing dinner guests, somehow it’s not all that difficult to be amused by terrible craftsmanship It sounds crazy to reject a book deal, but since this blog came out in 2009, I’ve been approached by many different publishing houses and literary agents who wanted to turn the Crappy Taxidermy blog into a book. There are lots of reasons I declined those opportunities, but the biggest one was timing; as much as I enjoy working on this blog, free time is an incredibly rare resource for young people who live and work in NYC. :P Bad taxidermy on the Web is actually nothing new. For example, about five years ago a woman in New York name Kat Su started a Tumblr blog called Crappy Taxidermy. The chapter explaining how to taxidermy your own mouse was particularly fascinating, but I don't think I'll be giving it a go myself! Apparently This Matters" Is Jarrett Bellini's weekly (and somewhat random) look at social-media trends.

I had to laugh really loud multiple times. The idea that someone tried to capture the beauty of a certain animal and failed so bad at it but that it wasn't noticed by or didn't matter to the exhibitionists is just hilarious. I don't know if some of those examples are only taxidermists’ faults as some of them might be result of neglect. It looks like some examples of crapy taxidermy provided in this book are in museums. :/ Can we add this to a time capsule, please? I think that future generations will be in awe of how far the human race has come. There was a downside to our new relationship, though. Since I work a full-time job, Mitchell found himself lonely just hanging around all day. It was high time he had a friend. My husband had his eye on an alligator head at a local antique store, but sadly it had already been sold. However, the powers of the interwebs are remarkable and I soon found not just a head, but an entire alligator for a bargain price (due to bad stitchery, stuffing leakage, and a missing (but completely unnecessary) hand). Frank Engator entered our life and I found myself getting high off the big score . . .

Our new book, titled Crap Taxidermy, is out now! A big shout out to Octopus Books & Ten Speed Press for turning this Tumblr into a book. Thanks for all the support! Soon, people started catching on to his feed, especially in the last week. Which should help him keep it updated with new images going forward.Because quality taxidermy really depends on the skill of the taxidermist, and a simple hunting mount can turn exponentially more creepy if it isn’t done with precision or mild sobriety. Tainton will be giving Su a private lesson at her apartment, and Su’s only real concern is that she’ll barf.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop