NIP Cherry Night Dummy: Naturally Shaped Cherry Shaped Round Teat Glow in The Dark, Nursing Friendly, Size 1, 0-6 Months, Latex, Grey/Turquoise/Blue/Blue (Pack of 4)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

NIP Cherry Night Dummy: Naturally Shaped Cherry Shaped Round Teat Glow in The Dark, Nursing Friendly, Size 1, 0-6 Months, Latex, Grey/Turquoise/Blue/Blue (Pack of 4)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

A lifesaver, they've been great, the only dummy he likes! The midwives at the hospital loved it too" - Courtney Then it’s really up to you when and if you use a dummy. Many parents use a dummy during the first six months to help settle their baby to sleep at night, and for naps during the day. I’ve decided I want to use a dummy. What else do I need to know?If you’ve decided to offer your baby has a dummy, here are a few tips: Whilst you may find the cherry shape is perhaps easier for bub to keep in their mouth, the downside is that over time, the bulbous design may negatively impact a baby's palate and upper gum alignment. Minbie’s patented orthodontic dummy is not only narrower and wider, its design innovation goes beyond that with other key benefits for bub. The Minbie brings the soothing motion forward putting less pressure on the roof of the mouth and the upper gums, whilst helping to keep bub's airways open while in use.

Latex or rubber dummies are softer and more flexible than silicone, but they don't last as long. Silicone dummies may be easier to keep free from germs than latex dummies (Sexton and Natale 2009). Psaila K, Foster JP, Pulbrook N, et al. 2017. Infant pacifiers for reduction in risk of sudden infant death syndrome. Cochrane Database Syst Rev (4):CD011147. www.cochranelibrary.com Opens a new window [Accessed May 2018]

All Medela Baby dummies are orthodontic and designed to help support the natural movement of mouth muscles. Their shapes come with: 5,8 Dummy use itself may not cause breastfeeding problems. But if you are already struggling with breastfeeding, you may find that you rely more on a dummy (Sexton and Natale 2009). What are the advantages of using a dummy?A dummy may soothe your baby or help him settle to sleep (Joyner et al 2017, Lubbe and ten Ham-Baloyi 2017). Use an orthodontic or flat dummy (OHF nd). There is some evidence that it may be better for your baby's developing mouth than a cherry dummy (Sexton and Natale 2009). Lubbe W, ten Ham-Baloyi W. 2017. When is the use of pacifiers justifiable in the baby-friendly hospital initiative context? A clinician's guide. BMC Preg Childbirth 17:130

For my baby shower, I’d asked for a range of different dummies so when our son was born, I could see which he preferred. He didn’t really like any of them but showed a preference for the all-silicone ones. Given that he’s taken to the Minbie bottles, I thought to try the Minbie dummy. It’s eclipsed all others and now I have about 20 other dummies sitting in the cupboard. It is magic, he loves it, so we love it. Thank you!" - DesireeIt’s best if you try to wean your baby off his dummy when he’s between six months and 12 months old (Red Nose 2017a, The Lullaby Trust 2016). There are disadvantages to letting him have a dummy for longer (see below). Will using a dummy interfere with breastfeeding?It may do for some mums and babies. Official guidance is that it’s best not to give your baby a dummy until you’ve established breastfeeding, which is usually by the time your baby is about a month old (NHMRC 2012, Red Nose 2017a, The Lullaby Trust 2016). Waiting until then means your body has time to establish and maintain your milk supply (LLLGB nd). We try to give you as much information as possible to help you with your decisions. Here’s a little more info about BIBS dummies! All dummies sold in Australia must meet a mandatory safety standard, known as the Consumer Goods (Babies' Dummies and Dummy Chains) Safety Standard 2017. The law sets out the safety rules for dummies which are based on existing Australian standards for dummies (AS 2432:2015) and European standards for soothers. Dummy chains are also covered by the rules, and are required to meet European Standards for soother holders. Are dummies safe? Red Nose. 2017a. Using a dummy or pacifier: information statement. Red Nose, National Scientific Advisory Group. Melbourne: Red Nose. rednose.com.au [Accessed February 2019] The MAM 0+/ 2-6+ Soothers are ideal up to the age of 6 months as they offer a smaller teat and shield for younger babies. The MAM 6+ Soothers are suitable from 6 months of age until one year as they provide a larger teat and shield than the 0+/ 2-6+ range but a smaller teat than MAM's 12+/ 16+ soother range. The MAM 12+/ 16+ Soothers being the largest of the MAM teats are ideal for older babies to use from 1 year of age until soother use stops.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop